Tornado in Madison Co. IN.

-

mcode

Reaction score
Just saw a film clip on Fox News of aa apparent tornado touchdown in the above mentioned area, and what looked like either a concrete slab, or the floor of a former pole building and what looked like two Mopars sitting on it. If anyone knows any particulars on this situation, or this person, log in here so that the other members of this, "family", can offer whatever assistance is needed.

Some pictures I saved off the Charger site......the green one is clearly a Dart and the red/orange one may be a Dart too....

Attachments

• dartr.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 123
  • polebarn2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 102
Wow, that is too bad, hope everyone iss ok. The Dart looks nice, hopefully it is not damaged too badly, atleast the roof looks good. If they are a member here they probably don't have internet access, I don't recongnize the car from our site.

Last year when they had Tornados in the mid west there was a Duster sitting in the rubble. That looks like somebodies project and parts car. Hope they were insured and are OK...

I believe that is Al's car. Seen what I think to be his wife on the news.

The dart is a real 340 69 swinger that has not been started since 1976. Long story but the original owner was getting divorce and he parked the car in hiding. After many years was afraid to try to start it. Allen ended up buying it.

I was in the building in 03 or 04 and there were several MOPAR muscle cars in it.

I asked him if he wanted to sell it and he didn't answer me. I have thought for years about going and asking again. Now I really need to get out there.

Yellow with black vinyl top & interior 340 Dart. There was a 68 Superbee also.

What a shame.

He also had a 69 Dart 340 that was a driver.

I bought some parts from him for my Dart. He retired from the same Plant I work at a few years ago.

-
Back