69 Barracuda---Aluminum SS Hoods

-

Oldschool

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 69 SS/AA Hemi Cuda with a fiberglass SS hood. This hood keeps developing small cracks in it at the front edge where the scoop meets the hood. I have made repairs, including bonding some extra bracing underneath that area. Does anyone know of any one or anywhere I could look into getting an aluminum one made? Too much vibration is going to make this an ongoing issue and I would like to get a permanent fix. Any help would be appreciated, and, as always...........Thanks in advance........ Oldschool

69ply22394-A.jpg

Fronthoodglass5.jpg

Those small cracks are a badge of honor on cars running the hemi hood scoop. I've seen the cracks on the fastest Hemi cars in the country. They're on my hood too. The entire hood is under stress at speed. That's why we have to run the braces. You may not like the way it looks, but you'll learn (have) to live with it!

A guy over on Moparts.com was making reproduction aluminum bumpers for the 68 superstock Darts. He might be able to help. I think his screen name was Silversurfer or something like that. Try asking around over on that site.

Hey Oldschool your Barracuda is awesome! What size front tire are you running? Did you have to trim the wheel lip?

Get in Contact with a place called Harm's Automotive (owner is Scott Smith) he hangs out on Moparts. He sells alot of cool stuff including Aluminum Scoops and does custom work also.

Also Beshore's SS/AA Cuda used to have small aluminim gussets pop riveted to the outside edges of his scoop. Not the best look in my opinion but they did work. I'll check to see if I have a pic.....

I had a glass hood & hemi scoop combo on my 69 Cuda "SS/AA Clone" and had flexing problems. I am now in the process of switching back to the steel hood with a Hemi scoop bonded on.

-
Back