69 Barracuda Back up lights

-

bob7four

Reaction score
Not sure if I have an issue or not. After being off the car for a few years during resto, I finally put the back up lights back on. They are staying on all the time not just during back up. I didn't change anything except to take them apart to clean them up. Any thoughts out there?

They have to be getting power from somewhere. Start looking at a switch would be my guess.

Not sure if I have an issue or not. After being off the car for a few years during resto, I finally put the back up lights back on. They are staying on all the time not just during back up. I didn't change anything except to take them apart to clean them up. Any thoughts out there?

In the top right of this page you will see "search"

Type in "backup lights staying on"

The search will bring you to pages of responses from A-Body owners who have had the same problem and the fix.

Cheers!!

The switch is on the trans. Pull the plug off switch on trans and see if lights go off.

Solved the problem when the car also wouldn't start. Shift lever was not fully engaged into park.:rolleyes:

-
Back