Back for some more help on my slant six project

-
Reaction score
Hey all. Came back to update everyone on my 75 duster problem. so i fixed some wires here and there and now she turns over. It was all help to a buddy who suggested me do hei conversion. so that has been done as well as the installation of a new coil ( Accell super stock coil to be exact) and a refurbished distributor from oreylles. so the big day comes and she turns over and idles decently then i play with timing on it and everything seems to be doing great. next i try to take her for a spin but when the accelerator is pushed down, there is no power, just crazy sputtering and misfiring. i was going max 5mph with the shaking of the engine. any idea what could be going wrong?

Hey all. Came back to update everyone on my 75 duster problem. so i fixed some wires here and there and now she turns over. It was all help to a buddy who suggested me do hei conversion. so that has been done as well as the installation of a new coil ( Accell super stock coil to be exact) and a refurbished distributor from oreylles. so the big day comes and she turns over and idles decently then i play with timing on it and everything seems to be doing great. next i try to take her for a spin but when the accelerator is pushed down, there is no power, just crazy sputtering and misfiring. i was going max 5mph with the shaking of the engine. any idea what could be going wrong?
one of mine did that and I discovered the darn wires to the hei were backwards. reversed the wiring to the hei and all was good.

If they were on backwards, wouldn’t the car simply not start?
no. it'll run really crappy , just the 2 going to the coil were reversed (not my pic I stole it!) but it's how I wired mine and it ran once I fixed the coil wiring to match the diagram.
zu5qn8.jpg

-
Back