Bolt Pattern on Damper/Crank Pulley

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is the bolt pattern the same on a small block and a hemi crank pulley?
Reason, I bought a damper from Innovators West based on the advice here to get the best I could considering stroker changes everything etc. I found CFV crank pulley that's the right height or offset, but they only offer it in a "performance" diameter, under driving the w/p and fan, causing overheat problems.
Mancini has a 69-71 hemi crank pulley that looks like it will get me within 1/16 of where I need and a w/p spacer that should get me back to jake

Yes but depending on the year there would be one bolt that doesn't line up. The depth would be the same as a cast iron pump small block. But the 70 and newer aluminum pump pulley is deeper and bigger in diameter. The belt groove is deeper on the Hemi crank pulley

Here is the difference in the pulleys . The one on the left is a 70 and newer pulley on a standard damper. The old trick when running a Fluidamper is install a 69 and earlier small block or big block pulley to correct the alignment as seen on the right. This also made it under drive the accessories. due to the smaller dia. Same bolt pattern depending on the year. 72 and newer are equal pattern.

DSCN0169[1].jpg

DSCN0170[1].jpg

Thank You for the info. Might hold off on Mancini until after Carlisle, maybe I'll come across a single V belt one there. I can't go for the whole weekend this time, but able to stop for a couple hours while passing through to elsewhere.

Mancini lists it as 69-71, hemi w/o power steering, 6-5/8" diameter.

I would prefer a single, but I wouldn't care if it had a second belt groove, as long as the center of the water pump groove was 1-3/4 from the damper surface, and about 6.5 diameter.

Last edited:
I started a want ad here and on FBBO. Hoping someone has something kicking around.

-
Back