ECU / harness salvage motor question

-

383Duster

Reaction score
Mopar Perfomance sells a 5.7 and 6.4 Hemi crate engine, they also sell the proper wiring harness / computer to make it run....
Mopar Performance 77072454AB

My question is what (if any) salvage yard motors (year) will these harnesses / computer control.....? I can't get a definitive answer from anyone I have asked......
I know I would have to run an old school auto or a stick as the crate engine harness has no provisions to control a late model automatic.
My plan is to get a 5.7 or 6.4 from a salvage yard and one of these harness to run it...if that is possible. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like it would be simpler than a Hotwire rig....

Not compatible with 5.7L & 6.4L engines from 2012 and older.
Not compatible with 5.7L & 6.4L engines from RAM truck.
Crankshaft target ring must be part number 04893290AA, a valley width of 6.306 mm measured at the outer diameter (OD). The crankshaft position sensor part number is 68140678AB.
Found this from the lot that comes with the kit mopar sells. Hopefully this link will work for you
https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/media?id=9012411170846

Thanks for the sole reply toplscuda....based on the lack of comments I am guessing everybody else doesn't have an answer either....
If I understand you correctly any 2013 (or newer) 5.7 or 6.4 from a Charger, Challenger or a 300 would run using the Mopar Performance harness?

According to their litature that is correct. I am not 100% positive but I also thought I had read the reason the truck motor would not work is due to it using a different cam and the tune in the mopar ecm is for the car engine. If you look through that link it even gives the recommended gearing for the rear along with tire size for optimum performance with the tune that is in it.

Found this in the link you provided;

5.7L & 6.4L engines from 2013-2016 Challenger/Charger/300 may be comparable to a Crate Hemi Engine when installed in appropriate vehicles as referenced above along with the appropriate Crate Hemi Kit.

Thanks for your help in clearing this up...

-
Back