Michael Beard

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I met Michael through my former partner at one of the races that we along Myron Piatek and Michael attended. Michael had two cars at the event, one of them was his Play Skool Plymouth front wheel drive car and I believe the other car was a Duster. We were all pitted very close and would interact through out the day. We lined up for the second session of test and tune and ended up next to Michael. Everything was going well until Michael left the line and the rear axle gears decided it was their last gasp. He was towed back to the pit area and as soon as I got back I went over to see if he needed a hand. We got the car up on stands and pulled the third member and it looked like a grenade went off. I started cleaning up and Michael went in search of another chunk. He came back with one and we installed it, But, come to find out the axles were the wrong spline count so we pulled it out and put the axles in and put it on the trailer. He gave me one of his cards and told me if he could ever help me to let him know.

Fast forward about two years, I acquired the Demon and was looking for graphics. I contacted Michael and we settled on the size and design, he told me he would get them to me as soon as he could. Four days later, UPS knocked on the door and had me sign for a large envelope. I opened it up and the graphics for my car were inside, I went out to clean the car so I could put them on. Once I got them on, I began looking for an invoice and there wasn't one. I called Michael and asked what I owed him. His response was "No charge" because I spent time trying to get his car repaired.

It's nice when someone returns a favor... We all know racers help each other, it's part of the life of racers...

Knowing a few guys who do stickers/decals/vehicle wraps what he did for you didn't cost him much & it shows he appreciated your efforts... Sounds like a win to me...

I have always heard good things about him. Back in my foot braking days, I stole a lot of his tips and tricks! This guy is a bad a$$ bottom bulb racer.

-
Back