Nope of the day

-
Riding the Broughton lumber flume, Hood river junction on the Columbia river at the Washington/Oregon border.

log.jpg

S E Ga. Way back when I was a teenager, we would wade down a creek with a .22 and shoot cottonmouths off the bank and tree limbs. The oldtimers told us the cottonmouth would not bit you in the water. We were swimming in the big creek on day, and a kid got bit on his big toe by a cottonmouth.
They also said don't fear big gators unless maybe a big bad momma gator!! Yea OK!!
I never knew if the cottonmouth was stupid or just fearless, but when you ran up on one they would go toward you as easy as go away.
And I hate heights!!!!

Had a friend that was a iron worker , after Katrina blew up the superdome, he was part of the crew fixing it , he made a misstep and fell like 100 feet , lived but, his spud wrench did a lot of damage to him , and no thanks to that above video

Them Iron Workers are a rare breed :realcrazy: Time I spent around hiway bridge construction it was the carpenters doing most of those high altitude antics, and they were just as :realcrazy:. One of the crane operators I oiled for told me a story from a job he did at LA Harbor :lol: This one particular Iron Worker was giving the operator a really bad time one morning with his out of the ordinary desires for the crane to do. Come lunch time the Iron Worker decided rather than walk back to the dock on the iron, he would ride the headache ball to shore. He climbs on, my operator buddy swings him over the bay, releases the brake on the load line the guy was riding, down he goes, max velocity :eek:. Catches him abruptly just before he gets to the water :lol:. Shuts off the rig and goes to lunch with everybody else except the troublesome lad hanging over the bay :rofl: .

Pic from the Orange County Register newspaper this morning. That's a juvenile Great White shark breaching several swells back behind a surfer at a recent local contest.
That would definitely keep me out of the water!

nope_102522.jpg

-
Back