340 identification

-
I forgot I knew that about the 318 balancers. Thanks. I have two "'71" 340's lying around and both have forged cranks in them. I am almost sure they were both in '72 cars, but I haven't verified this by the VIN yet.

my original 340 out of the demon also has the forged crank. I also have a extra crank and pistons out of a 69 motor. Any difference in the 2? I know the earlier 340 s had the higher compression ratio.

Yeah, I have some pictures, but not ones I can post yet. I've been thinking of doing this. The only decent looking one is one of my B5 Swingers. Someday I'll get some taken with the digital camera and get to posting them.

I think your letting your imagination work too hard. The girl is saying " :shock: I love it when GTS340 spanks my sweet ^$$!".

Well i finally got chance to check the numbers on the so called 340,and it's kinda what i figured it's a 318 :x
Oh well,at least i got the taillight panel i needed for mine and another A-body 8.75 rear and some other odds and ends.

I find that a lot when looking at older cars and trucks. If it has a V-8 most people will try to tell you its either a 340 or 360. Most of the time I think it is just because they don't know. If I can prove its a 318 than I allways try to get them to drop the price between $200-$500 depending on the vehicle. Good thing that hasn't worked for me yet other wise I would have a crap load of 318's laying around.

-
Back