Co-operation and Patience; a book on

-

AJ/FormS

68 Formua-S fastback clone 367/A833/GVod/3.55s
Reaction score
South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
This is our story; Mopar Mike, Canucky, 68383GTS, and me AJ.
Sit down, this could take a while to tell

A short while ago
MoparMike_87 posted a pair of Barracudas for sale. My curiosity was piqued so I responded. After I saw the fastback car was missing it's rear quarters, my excitement abated, and I was ready to move on. Someone else showed up with an offer, and I moved on. Cannucky showed up, interested in the Notchie. Then a previous owner showed up, and directed me to his build thread. By page 3, I was hooked. By page 8, I was afraid I might get scooped. By page 10, I was ready to put cash down.
But there were a few problems for me; First I wasn't interested in the notchie, and Mike wanted to move them both. Second, the fastback car still needed finishing.Third, I have no passport,no trailer, and no cash.
But I wasn't ready to give up.
I contacted 68383GTS, the fella who did all the previous fabulous metal work. I asked him why he stopped working on it, and if he'd be interested in finishing it. I thought I detected a hint of excitement in his voice, when he said he was.
Then I contacted Cannucky to sell him my 69 FormulaS project car, to raise the money for Mikes pair. That was a no-go cuz he had a passion for a notchie.
So I went back to talk to mike, bit his thread had evaporated, and I had forgotten his name. My heart sank, cuz I thought he had pulled it.
In the meantime a plan was coming together in my little head.
I remembered that Mike had mentioned wanting a project car as a trade. So I began to plan out the details in my head. The plan went something like this; Cannucky was interested in the Notch, I was more than interested by now, in the FB. 68 was ready to finish the FB. If I could talk Mike into a deal, we could all end up HappyCampers.
Lo and behold, yesterday his thread pops back up. So I hit him with the plan, and he's interested. Ok now my heart is racing.
But by now the three of us are messaging back and forth, and I'm losing track of who said what. So that's where this thread comes in. It appears that none of us are in a hurry to make this happen, but we're all in agreement that we're interested. So sit back everyone and let's see how this plays out.
Please give us a bit of time to get the conversations transferred over, and then it will all start to make sense.

Last edited:
here's Mike's original ad;
[FOR SALE] - 1967 Barracuda’s

[FOR SALE] 1967 Barracuda’s

Discussion in 'Mopar Automobiles For Sale' started by MoparMike_87, Oct 14, 2017.

1. I have a 1967 Barracuda notchback and fastback for sale/trade in Bemidji Minnesota. One is currently down to the unibody and the other is pretty close, both are unrestored. If interested please send me a private message and I will share pictures and discuss pricing. I have been trying to see or some time now due to not having the room for them anymore. I would love to discuss a trade. I will trade both of mine for one other car needing restoration. I am motivated to move these cars. It surely sucks not having a shop anymore.

Here is a price $5000 but once again, this is negotiable as I want the cars gone! This price is to satisfy the administration requirements.

Pictures will he added as soon as I can get to a laptop/desktop computer.

Oct 14, 2017 #2
  2. 41608.jpg

..pics please.
    I am also up for trading.

4308b01f-d09f-43d5-ab2b-d9fcfb6ad1e2-jpeg.jpg

3. Oct 29, 2017 #4
    41608.jpg

eb025e80-d1b1-4a75-8f07-63bdabca9b2d-jpeg.jpg
    d20a3482-cfff-4f70-94f7-75c25378030b-jpeg.jpg

e8df4d37-7bf5-4236-bba7-3703e6c93aae-jpeg.jpg

4870b18e-8ee6-4732-a09e-62e4b76d2435-jpeg.jpg

2106.jpg

2106.jpg

7617.jpg

41608.jpg

Last edited:
And my conversation to MIKE
    • Any interest in a 69 Barracuda fb shell, A53 pkg (Formula S-340), as a partial trade ?
    Yesterday at 8:54 PM

like my two 67’s for your 1 69?
  1. Yesterday at 9:58 PM
    Well that would be perfect, but, I was just wondering if you'd be interested in my 69 project car. I will never get to it I don't think. I don't have the skills nor the money. Time, that I might have, altho, I'm 64, and nobody knows when their number comes up..
    And I do have spare parts to make something from yours.
    I'm interested in the FB car, and Canucky is interested in your notchy. And you're only about 4 hours away from me. So my mind has been tossing ideas around. But if you're not interested, in my 69, well .........
  2. Yesterday at 10:25 PM
    I would love to trade my two for your 1. I am terrible at the ways of this site as I have not heard from anyone interested in my notchback; seriously, anyhow.
  3. Yesterday at 11:27 PM
    Ok cool so, tomorrow, let's talk a little further.
    Today at 8:46 AM
    Ok so tomorrow has become today.And I am ready to get serious
  4. Today at 9:05 AM
    As am I. I am at work until 4:30 central standard time, and I think we share the same time zone... feel free to message me on here as I am able to reply. Mike
  5. Today at 9:36 AM
    OK
    Here is a brief description of my car;
    It's a 69 , originally a 340 car with a 727,3.23-8.75 automatic,buckets/console, Power drum-brakes, P/S,
    The powertrain has been removed from it. The engine and the rearend have been torn down. When I got it in 81 from the second owner, it was a 4 speed.He got it that way too.He said the original owner had it converted to Cuda-340 status minus the hood scoops,at the dealer, before it ever left the lot.I didn't bother to verify, cuz at the time I didn't care.I just wanted a 340/4speedfb anykindaBarracuda.
    Bottom line is the original 727 is long gone.I can supply a core.
    The interior, is out, but I do still have everything except the carpet which was junk anyway.
    I think I could scare most everything up to make "A" complete car, altho it would take a bit of time as the parts are scattered all over the place.

It needed a lotta work, when I retired it to it's current location, several years ago; rear qtrs, trunk extensions, drivers floor,fender dog-legs, all the usual stuff. I haven't seen it in about 4 years.

I know I'll never get around to restoring it, and that saddens me..
    If you're still interested, I could borrow a camera and try to send some pics.

I talked to 68383GTS, the fella that did the work on your FB,and he is willing to finish up the metalwork, so I would need it to be shipped to his place in Preoria-IL.
    A fella up here named Cannucky, from BC, is interested in your notchie. I have no Passport at this time, so I would send someone down with my 69, and swap for it, to haul back to Canada.
    Later, when the fastback returns to your place, by then I would likely have a passport, and could come down and pick it up, and, of course, spend a little time visiting.
    This is fast becoming a 4-party deal, and I imagine could take a bit of time to hammer out. Are you in a hurry?
    Cannucky is gonna contact you for details on the notch.
    So this is just a preliminary proposal, with details to be worked out. IMO it could end very well. The way I see it, is like this;
    - Cannucky gets the project of his dreams.
    - I get a car almost ready for paint
    -68383GTS gets some cash for his participation
    - and you end up with a 1 of 1431, 1969 FormulaS340 FB cars, with the original block,as a project, plus some much needed working space in your garage,lol.

I suppose it could go sour, if one of us gets cranky, but I don't want to think about such things.
    You know what, maybe we could start a new thread, all 4 of us together,and transfer these conversations there, as an example as to what can be done,.....or not ,depending on how it plays out, among 4 dedicated Moparites.

6. Today at 9:50 AM
    I would love to see some pictures of your 69. Id like to see what exactly id be getting into.
  7. Today at 9:55 AM
    Ok but that will have to wait a couple of days. I'll have to borrow a camera and make the trek to where it is . Please be patient.

I find myself jumping around in four different threads already and I'm starting to get lost at times. So I have an idea to start a new thread where all 4 of us can meet. Say yes and I'll get the ball rolling.
  8. Today at 10:02 AM
    Yes, the new thread would be appreciated. And, I am patient. Thank you.

Last edited:
And with Cannucky

1. It's a 69 , originally a 340 car with a727,3.23-8.75 automatic,buckets/console,Power drum-brakes, P/S,
    The powertrain has been removed from it. The engine and the rearend have been torn down. When I got it in 81 from the second owner, it was a 4 speed.He got it that way too.He said the original owner had it converted to Cuda 340 status minus the hood scoops,at the dealer before it ever left the lot.I didn't bother to verify, cuz at the time I didn't care.I just wanted a 340/4speedfb anykindaBarracuda.
    Bottom line is the original 727 is long gone.
    The interior, is out, but I do still have everything except the carpet which was junk anyway.
    I think I could scare most everything up to make "A" complete car.

It needed a lotta work, when I retired it to it's current location, several years ago; rear qtrs, extensions, drivers floor,fender dog-legs, all the usual stuff. I haven't seen it in about 4 years.

I know I'll never get around to restoring it, and that saddens me..

2. Yesterday at 10:16 AM
    No this was a good place to put it unfortunately its a FB , I've got a wild hair up my backside to do a notch before I leave this planet . Thanks for your time -Chris
  3. Today at 8:58 AM
    OK so Mike and I are getting serious.
    I am not really interested in the Notchie, but if we (Mike and I) hammer out a deal, I will be the happy owner of it, and if I bring him my 69, I would be bringing back the notch. Mikes fastback would be going to Peoria for 68383GTS to finish up the metalwork. Then I would go back at a later date to pick that one up.
    This deal kindof hinges on you.
    Are you serious about owning Mikes notch?
    It's a complicated 4-way deal, and I ain't rich. You and I are 2 of 3 interested parties, and it might behoove us to make a commitment ASAP.
    I'd have to rent a trailer to go down there with, and after getting back to Manitoba, I would be willing to haul it about halfway in your direction, and help transfer it to your trailer.
    Today at 9:13 AM

4. I have been trying to get some info on the notch , seems the mod has taken it upon himself to delete everybody's questions and any answers that may have been given .Our deal on my end depends on what is included by him and what it needs , of course price and to be honest I might want to pay you or someonevelse to keep it in Manitoba till next summer .I am looking at property back in onterrible and would probably take the car there when I haul my garage full of stuff cross country .I expect to have a place to take it there in the next couple of months but don't really want to do the drive in the winter .
  5. Today at 9:18 AM
    started a convo directly with Mike since my questions won't load on his thread and the ones I asked yesterday disappeared .
  6. Today at 9:47 AM
    Keeping it here for you solves some logistics. I am willing. I have all kinds of powertrain parts I could supply as well, including engines,transmissions,rear ends, suspension steering and brakes. However very little interior parts.
    Mikes fastback would be receiving the HO 360 powertrain from my current 68 Clone car. Then I would list my clone car up for sale.

7. Yeah I started a conversation with Mike directly as well.
    I was thinking we could start a new thread, common to all of us, where we could hammer out the details among ourselves. Say yes and I'll get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
and the conversation with 68383GTS
  1. Hi, I am near Peoria,IL What do you have that you are thinking about having the rear quarters put on? Jim
    Saturday at 10:34 PM
  2. Well, your old car, if I can pry it out of Mike's hands, with a trade. I read your old thread and saw what an awesome job you were doing, and all the love you put into it, and I thought;there's no better man for the job.
    I'm a powertrain mechanic, and my 68Barracuda S-clone has been sorted out since 2004, but the body on mine is getting real tired. I have been keeping an eye out for something in the FABO forum for a couple of years; your car was the first that got me excited. Your X-car with the mini-tubs and my 325/50-15s would be a perfect match.The metalwork just needs to be finished.
    Mike ain't saying yet
  3. Saturday at 10:40 PM
    Really...Who has it now? I sold it to 68Original. I forget his real name Dave maybe. Anyway he told me he sold it.
  4. Saturday at 10:44 PM
    Oh I still have a gallon of new primer for that car. It is not cheap primer it is Sikkens Color build plus. If you get the car I will sell you the primer. Jim
  5. Saturday at 10:52 PM
    68Original sold it as well and the new owner MoparMike87,listed it for sale yesterday, but I can no longer access the ad, so I dunno what's going on; I guess we'll see. Maybe I was blocked? I found it in the cars for sale forum, but it comes up error.
    Mike is in Bimidji Mn
  6. Saturday at 11:06 PM
    Hmmmm
  7. Saturday at 11:18 PM
    Maybe he pulled the ad. I found him on another post about the 67. Go to general discussion.
  8. Saturday at 11:20 PM
    got it!
  9. Saturday at 11:23 PM
    Oh I did see a small pic he had and it is my old car. He is the 4th FABO member to own the car.
  10. Saturday at 11:27 PM
    Yeah I figured it out after awhile, nice history,almost makes a guy wonder tho.....if the car is jinxed,lol. Not to worry, I'm a Yahuwahn, so I can find a brother and exorcise the punk-azz demon,lol.
  11. Ok wonder if he sold it or changed his mind. Maybe he did something wrong in the ad and it is flagged. I could not access his ad either. So what A body do you have? Jim
  12. Saturday at 11:52 PM
    Well I have several FB Barracudas
    The Driver is a 68 FormulaS-clone, with a HO 367, a 3.09low 4-speed with a GVOD, and 3.55s. She's all bugged out and went 93 in the 1/8th in 2004.I really like that powertrain.But the body got real tired and so I haven't driven it now for a couple of summers.
    Then I have a real FormulaS car, a 69 340 A/T. That body is a little worse, possibly needing similar work that you already did to your 67.
    Then I have a 68FormulaS-383 car, but it's even worse. It's been on the ground now for 17 years
    Yesterday at 4:32 PM
  13. Any luck? I have been talkin to him and he said its for sale
  14. Yesterday at 4:54 PM
    I haven't tried today, and Mike hasn't responded to my last querey,yet.
  15. Yesterday at 9:36 PM
    Ok you can bring up his ad up now. Think he didnt have a price and he had to fix it.

Last edited:
OK; that's where we're at now, Mikes waiting for pictures, as is Cannucky, 69383GTS is on pins and needles, And I'm going to find a camera.

So this is where you boys; Mike, Cannucky, 68 and me/AJ; can publish common information,and we can keep track of what's going on,all in one place.
Here's a link to the FB resto by 68383GTS
My 67 Formula S Resto. thread

This is our story; Mopar Mike, Canucky, 68383GTS, and me AJ.
Sit down, this could take a while to tell

A short while ago
MoparMike_87 posted a pair of Barracudas for sale. My curiosity was piqued so I responded. After I saw the fastback car was missing it's rear quarters, my excitement abated, and I was ready to move on. Someone else showed up with an offer, and I moved on. Cannucky showed up, interested in the Notchie. Then a previous owner showed up, and directed me to his build thread. By page 3, I was hooked. By page 8, I was afraid I might get scooped. By page 10, I was ready to put cash down.
But there were a few problems for me; First I wasn't interested in the notchie, and Mike wanted to move them both. Second, the fastback car still needed finishing.Third, I have no passport,no trailer, and no cash.
But I wasn't ready to give up.
I contacted 68383GTS, the fella who did all the previous fabulous metal work. I asked him why he stopped working on it, and if he'd be interested in finishing it. I thought I detected a hint of excitement in his voice, when he said he was.
Then I contacted Cannucky to sell him my 69 FormulaS project car, to raise the money for Mikes pair. That was a no-go cuz he had a passion for a notchie.
So I went back to talk to mike, bit his thread had evaporated, and I had forgotten his name. My heart sank, cuz I thought he had pulled it.
In the meantime a plan was coming together in my little head.
I remembered that Mike had mentioned wanting a project car as a trade. So I began to plan out the details in my head. The plan went something like this; Cannucky was interested in the Notch, I was more than interested by now, in the FB. 68 was ready to finish the FB. If I could talk Mike into a deal, we could all end up HappyCampers.
Lo and behold, yesterday his thread pops back up. So I hit him with the plan, and he's interested. Ok now my heart is racing.
But by now the three of us are messaging back and forth, and I'm losing track of who said what. So that's where this thread comes in. It appears that none of us are in a hurry to make this happen, but we're all in agreement that we're interested. So sit back everyone and let's see how this plays out.
Please give us a bit of time to get the conversations transferred over, and then it will all start to make sense.
I have to respond. I made the thread go away. As a moderator it is my job, so to speak, to keep the site running smoothly. Stand back and look at this thread and see what it looks like. The sale thread was the same. Conversations and chit chat is not allowed on sale threads. I read through the whole sale thread and didn't really know how to cut and edit it to make it legal so I sent it to the Trash file. Lucky for you that I didn't delete it. If I had done that there would be no going back. Sorry you lost your place but if you guys would have started personal messaging each other this conversation wouldn't be happening. Remember that next time. Geez, you could have exchanged phone numbers via PM and talked it out, which I suggested early on. Rant over, I'm done. I hope the sale goes smooth for you guys. Please follow the rules. toolmanmike (moderator)

Well for my part I have added to our Private Conversation AJ and have responded to Mikes question of would I still buy the Notch if he didn't trade the FB the short answer being No. I live on an island in the Pacific and this deal works for me this way because AJ can hang on to the Notch for me , I'll pay for it immediately of course , and AJ is providing / arranging all the transpo .As far as I am concerned I am buying a Notchback shell with a Canadian title from him plus whatever parts we agree to from his stash on a pay now pick up later basis .

Toolmanmike I apologize I did not get to see any response to my query on the original thread before it went bye bye , I was under the impression that rule number 2 for respondents is that you can ask for information regarding what was being sold which is what I did , if there was a bunch of chit chat not related to the deal itself I can certainly see why the thread was scrapped .Thanks -Chris

Fixed it for ya

To the rest of you gawkers
We are working on the details, behind the scene so as not to supply you with cannon-fodder. I am getting the hang of managing the conversations.
You're doing fine.

It’s a great story AJ. Keep writing!

Got it. Also excellent calls for the right people at the right price.

Well after a flurry of fast and furious back and forth it has been a very quiet week . I wonder where we are on this .

-
Back