-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajarofclay

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all, Converting to discs on the front of my demon and trashed the fitting on the small u shaped ridged brake line on the front drivers side. Eventually may replace all of them but not sure if I want to go Stainless or Steel. If anyone is stripping a [parts car that has one for a fair price, I'd appreciate it. Car is a '72 but I believe 68-72 works. Thanks in advance...

I ordered a line set several years ago and got two of one side, but I don't remember which side it was. I'll see if I can find that kit and if the spare line is the one you need.

For clarity, are we talking about the crossover line between the two caliper halves, or the short jumper line from the caliper to the brake hose bracket?

Great and quick replies, fellas. much appreciated.

Kendog: I am thinking about that but don't have the flaring tool and have never done it. A little leery about the safety aspect.
OMM: I did not know that and I believe I looked for that on their site. I will give them a call.
NC340: It's the small line that goes from the junction block up and around the frame to the hose that would then attach to the drum.
440: Thanks but looking for the factory line off the block.

I always appreciate the helpful interest on this site. Oldmanmopar, you always seem to be around. Thanks, All!

NC340: It's the small line that goes from the junction block up and around the frame to the hose that would then attach to the drum.
OK, my misunderstanding. I thought you needed one of the caliper lines. Those were the only preformed lines I ordered for my Valiant. We weren't using the factory distribution block, and we added a line lock and adjustable prop valve, so factory parts wouldn't work. Every line on my car is custom except those four little caliper lines.

Take @Kern Dog's advice. Flaring is pretty easy to do--everyone did their first double flare at some point. Eventually you'll run into a line with an oddball nut on one end (master cylinder, prop valve, etc.). Re-using the OE nut is preferable to using an adapter fitting. Less joints = less potential for leaks.

You can get a double-flaring tool set at any auto supply. It's the same tool you'll need for OE fuel lines, too. Make sure it's a double-flaring tool; it should say "brake line" or "45°" somewhere on the package. Common parts-store kits include Astro Pneumatic 7826, OTC 4503, Lisle 31310, ATD 5463 and Performance Tool 80670. Don't be a afraid to spend a little extra for a good one; you will do more line repairs living in the Rust Belt. I'd recommend one with a storage case since those little dies can get lost pretty easily.

Pick up a mini bender similar to Performance Tool W704C, too. You might not need it this go-round, but it's damned handy for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back