´69 Dart 340

-

juergen

Reaction score
Over the long and cold winter in germany i´ve done some work on the ´69 dart. Welded the floors, overhauled the brakes, put some headers in, mount an air gap and some other things. Hope to get the missing parts soon and bring the car back on the road. Check current status and updates on www.dart340.blogspot.com

Your Dart looks like it's going together well. Personally I'd lose the black stripe, just my opinion.

Oh and I want one of these please 8)

CIMG0809.jpg

i removed the side trim of the car because it was slightly damaged and covered the holes up with the black stripes. Now i began to weld up all the trim holes on the side, the hood and the decklid. When it´s done the black stripe is gone. Will paint the hood flat black for that period perfect muscle car look :evil2:

ok guys. Work goes on and i build an exhaust, the new master cylinder is in an works fine, engine is running without any oil leaks. Just waiting for my new classic race seats and the dart is back on the road. Check out www.dart340.blogspot.com

And again some news on the dart. Car is back on the road and i raced it on an oldstyle event in helmbrechts/germany. Enjoy the pics on www.dart340.blogspot.com

Dartcedragraceklein.jpg

The USAG Carshow takes place tomorrow and i´ll bring the dart to schweinfurt. Hope for good weather. Any FABO members there :-D

carshow.jpg

Season is over and the work goes on. I´ll strip the front of the car, will rebuild the axle and powdercoat it. Some new parts are waiting for install. Check www.dart340.blogspot.com and see where i found this part of bondo. Car was painted nineteen years ago in berlin. Think the painter is the german god of bondo.

fenderpassengerobenbondo1.jpg

I go deeper and deeper in this ´69 dart to bring it back to it´s former glory. Removed the fenders, bumper and grille. Welded all the trim holes (like that pure look without any blingbling:-D) and some rust holes in the fenders. My goal for this winter is a flatblack front like the ´68 hemidarts, new cam for the 340, new bushings and ball joints for the frontaxle.

fenderleftvorbereitetzumschweissen.jpg

Please check the progress on www.dart340.blogspot.com

Greets

Juergen

and again some work on the dart. Fabricated the first subframe connector. Next step is welding in the subframe connectors and removing the engine. Have a look on my blog

sc4.jpg

Subframe connectors are in and give more strenght to the unibody car. Must drill a new hole to the front frame for fitting the emergency brake cable.

sc12.jpg

I built a dolly for mobility after removing the front axle. Next step is pulling the engine, powdercoat all the frontaxle parts and rebuild it with new bushing and ball joints. Thanks for looking http://dart340.blogspot.com .

dolly2.jpg

Some welding and some wrenching on the ´69 dart. I´m, waiting for my engine lift plate to remove the 340 the easy way. Disassembled the front axle an welded some rustholes. www.dart340.blogspot.com

before
schwellerlinksvorneaussen4.jpg

after
schwellerlinksvorneaussen5.jpg

wanna add a hemi scoop, anyone knows where to get one and how to get one to germany.

Thanks for looking and thanks to FABO, best moparforum in the whole wide world, where i can post the progress on my car.

Greets

Juergen

oh, long time no updates in my restothread but my blog has it all. Finally i painted the engine bay, color is cream y3. Hope you like it.

paint4.jpg

yes here we are with more pics.

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

You can see all the work i´ve done on the car and i´ll do in the future by clicking www.dart340.blogspot.com.

Many thanks for looking

Juergen

was on holiday in cavallino/italy the last two weeks but now the work on the dart goes on. Today the area behind the grille was painted flatblack

blackouttreatment2.jpg

-
Back