Not open for further replies.

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I’m looking for a set of chrome bumpers for my ‘74 Duster. If you have a set for sale or know a chrome shop that has a set please let me know

BC34D836-19F8-469D-9543-98C6663FCD48.jpeg

Is your rear bumper mounted with the "shock absorber" brackets or standard brackets? The '74 Dusters & Dart Sports I've had & seen have the shock absorber brackets in the rear and standard brackets in the front. Your rear bumper looks "tucked-in" as if with standard brackets. (like a '73) They don't interchange on the bracket styles.

Actually 74’s came with both shock mounted (8/73- approx 12/73) and standard (non shock) mounted front bumpers (~12/73-7/74). And those bumpers do not interchange, the bolt patterns for the brackets on the bumper are different. All ‘74 rear bumpers were shock mounted.

So you’ll need to specify whether that’s a shock mount front bumper or not, unless you get the crash reinforcement and brackets too…

Is your rear bumper mounted with the "shock absorber" brackets or standard brackets? The '74 Dusters & Dart Sports I've had & seen have the shock absorber brackets in the rear and standard brackets in the front. Your rear bumper looks "tucked-in" as if with standard brackets. (like a '73) They don't interchange on the bracket styles.
This is the original stock 74 bumper that is original to the car on my own home made brackets so it would be completely tucked in.

3EFD1835-EECB-4710-9BC1-108D38FFA99D.jpeg

Actually 74’s came with both shock mounted (8/73- approx 12/73) and standard (non shock) mounted front bumpers (~12/73-7/74). And those bumpers do not interchange, the bolt patterns for the brackets on the bumper are different. All ‘74 rear bumpers were shock mounted.

So you’ll need to specify whether that’s a shock mount front bumper or not, unless you get the crash reinforcement and brackets too…
The front did not have shock mounts and the rear did.
The front is mounted on the car without the inner bumper and the rear is tucked in on home made brackets with the shocks removed…

3BDE3464-8D2F-4421-9833-81D5670E1741.jpeg

3FEE00B7-4637-40D5-9639-A7048B7CCCD1.jpeg

The front did not have shock mounts and the rear did.
The front is mounted on the car without the inner bumper and the rear is tucked in on home made brackets with the shocks removed…

View attachment 1716071606

View attachment 1716071607

Ok, so just make sure your replacement front bumper is for a '74 that came with non-shock mounted front bumper. Both the standard '73 and the shock mounted '74 front bumpers have their bolt holes in a different patterns than the non-shock mounted '74's.

'74 rear bumpers should all be the same, and may interchange with some of the later years too, not entirely sure though.

i went and looked at them . they have some bent spots on them but no real rust. will try and get some Pics when it stops raining Here this week if still interested

The good news - I have a good front bumper from a 74 Dart, and a good rear bumper from a 73 Dart Sport. I can check mounting on the front as I have the car. I can't help with the 73 bumper as it came to me loose (no car).

The bad news, I'm a looooooooooong way from New Jersey. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss these.

I have pretty straight front & rear bumpers on a 74 Duster that I won't be needing, but they need to be rechromed. Not sure about the front having the shock absorbers but I know the rear does. I am across the river from Trenton N.J. too! I can get pics. on the car they are coming from if you're interested. $80 for the pair.

Here is what I have. Rear has very minor damage on left side (See picture) & IS shock mounted. Front is very nice & NOT shock mounted.

DSC01192.JPG

DSC01193.JPG

DSC01194.JPG

DSC01195.JPG

DSC01196.JPG

DSC01197.JPG

I'll remove them from the car tomorrow & you can get them any time after 3:00 during the week & any time on the weekend. You just need the bumpers, correct?

I'll remove them from the car tomorrow & you can get them any time after 3:00 during the week & any time on the weekend. You just need the bumpers, correct?
Just the bumpers, no brackets, no bumper guards. Just the 2 bumpers

OK, their yours.
Thanks. I have an office in Lawrenceville so myself or my sone can grab them. I have had a bunch people tell me there is a good chrome shop in Tennessee, but I’d like to see if there’s anybody local that could do them.

I have them off the car already & taken the inner structures off so they are ready for you. (Man, those inner structures are heavier than I thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back