04 Dodge Rumble Bee advice

-

old_school

Reaction score
I have tried to help sell this truck for a while with no luck. Thinking about getting it myself.
The truck has been sitting untouched (accept for one wash) close to 14 years. It was driven home and parked in the driveway. Has been sitting every since.

My question is would it be worth getting it if the price is right and what would a good price to offer? I know sitting is one of the worse things you can do for a vehicle. I know all the fluids would need to be changed. I am just afraid because of sitting so long the engine could have issues. I don't want to have to take it apart just to get it back on the road. Yes it has a Hemi.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I would expect problems with fuel system, whatever is in tank is probably not considered gasoline anymore. Injectors could be an issue also. And then brake system could possibly need some work.

I have an 05 Rumble Bee, I bought it new and have 95,000 miles and love it. There is no fuel filter in the line maybe just a screen at the pickup. Too bad Dodge didn't continue that package a little longer. Over the 17 years of ownership, it cost me about $300 in parts other then brakes. Original brakes went 53,000 miles. Mine is a 2 door and short bed and probably the best looking truck back then, black with the yellow bumble stripe looks awesome. Hope you get it running and enjoy it. The only bad side is the 13 mpg with the hemi.

May take a little time, just got 6" of snow so truck is black and white.

DSCN7572.JPG
DSCN7572.JPG
[

That's from a picture with a lot of glare. Truck was brand new when taken17 years ago.

I would say yes, especially if it runs and good condition like it shows. How many miles are on it? Engine?

Jump on it. Figure all new rubber, tires, hoses etc. Look for rot obviously. I got a similar 00 Dakota R/T that sat for years 121K on it for 2 K , another 1300 in parts from sitting it needed. I am happy with it.

Thanks for the input. I should find out today if my offer was enough to get the truck. Wish me luck.

Nice driveway find!

What were the sellers asking for it?

It's really not a find. I was working at the dealership when he got the truck. And knew him then. Lost contact for a few. He is asking $5,000 for it. I did make a counter offer. We will see. Never hurts to try to get for less. More to put back in it.

I would not have a problem with a 5K offere if I had it for a truck. Never going to see one like that again at that price.

It's really not a find. I was working at the dealership when he got the truck. And knew him then. Lost contact for a few. He is asking $5,000 for it. I did make a counter offer. We will see. Never hurts to try to get for less. More to put back in it.
I think you will end up with it for sure and you certainly hurt even if you pay the full five. Great deal.

-
Back