05 Truck PCM's not flashible?

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Ok just got off the phone with my dealer and he is telling me the 05 truck pcm can only be activated with the starscan once and cannot be reflashed. I call B.S. but I can't say that to their face without proof so is anyone running an 05 truck pcm in their hemi project?

I call bullshit!!!!!!

When the dealer installs a new pcm supposedly it can only be activated with a vin spefic base tune file and cannot be reflashed with a new program but everyone else I have talked to agree's with me that it's just dealer B.S.

If that's a drive by wire throttle body, I believe they have to do a calibration on that and also do a vin flash into it.

Yes, you can flash it. They have to flash it in order to do software updates that are known to happen. But the throttle cal has to also be done with it and the vin flashed I guess. I had to have this done with an aftermarket pcm I put in my turbo caliber which is an 08. Hopefully this is useful info.

B.S. But he might not have the program or equipment to do it all he needs is the vin# and software ???

If you check around I think you will see that the PCM the tuners want is from the '05 HEMI because it is the easiest to tune with.

I'm calling bs as well. Since hotwire just flashed the trans out of an 05 that I sent to him for a guy in australia.

-
Back