1/4 turn mounting plates for glass hood

-

340kid

Reaction score
Looking for pics or suggestions on how to mount the quarter turn mounting plates on a 71 Dart front end, have a US
Body Aero pin on hood going on a 71 Dart with fiberglass fenders, got aluminum hex head self ejecting fasteners and springs, no
Mounting plates yet.. Was planning on using 10 in total, 2 in front, 2 in back and 3 on each side, was thinking the 90 degree plates fastened to side of fender with an aluminum backing plate in the fender well area ??

Pics would be great !

These pics probably don't help much since your build will be quite a bit different than mine, as you can see in this pic below I have five across the front and rear and then just one on each side in the middle, I would rethink how many you want across the front, there is a lot of air moving under that hood when you are hitting some big mph.

Thank you, the pics help !
Yeah maybe we need 5 across front. The car will low 10 sec car.
BTW, awesome ride you got there !

I used to only run 2 hood pins in the front (regular hood pins, not the kind you have), now I use 3. A couple of years ago a spectator approached me after a run and told me that my hood was lifting in the center of the hood at the end of the track. I said thanks and paid little attention to it. The following week I saw a pic of my car at half track (1/8 mile)...it was scary....the hood was probably 4-5 inches up in the front center. I now have 3 pins across the front, 1 on each side and 2 in the back and it is much more stable.

With the type of fastener you have, I would do at least 4 across the front.

Attachments

• Cuda and friends.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 117
-
Back