72bluNblu

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,

I've got a set of 1" Just Suspension torsion bars I'm not going to use. They're brand new, never installed (I installed a second set and decided I needed stiffer bars). They've been hanging out in my garage for a few years, but other than a little shelf wear they're as new, no scratches, dings or anything that would compromise their function. They're a great upgrade from stock bars without being too stiff, I found the ride with them was still softer than most modern cars out there (which is why I went to bigger bars).

They sell new for $200, so I'll ask for $180 shipped to you in the lower 48. Outside the lower 48 I'll have to get you a shipping quote.

These are located in the Sacramento, CA area if you're local and want to pick up for cash and a slightly lower rate.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 337
Those sure would be tempting after the first of the year. No shipping would be required, either. Are you looking for any trades?

I've got four cop wheels (15x7) with hub caps, big block parts, some small block parts, plus other stuff.

FYI, Whoever gets these, you can install them either way on either side, (They recommend with the starred end rearward). Once the bars are in and used, you have to mark which side is which, and which side is front/rear and get them back to the way that they were originally installed if you remove them.

I've used these before, and that's how they recommend installing them.

Good luck....

I'm interested in these, can you tell us what these would do for my car when replacing factory stock ones? My car is a '70 Dart and will be strictly used on the street. I would like to make some handling upgrades, and I want my car to sit a little lower than stock. These will "stiffen" up the suspension? Also... How big of a job is it to replace them? I realize I will need to do some research here in the suspension forum.. Thanks just the same for your insight

FYI, Whoever gets these, you can install them either way on either side, (They recommend with the starred end rearward). Once the bars are in and used, you have to mark which side is which, and which side is front/rear and get them back to the way that they were originally installed if you remove them.

I've used these before, and that's how they recommend installing them.

Good luck....

Front/rear is irrelevant. Left/Right is important (only after they are installed and used).

Correct. There bars have a zero offset, so they are the same left to right. Doesn't matter which end is installed to the front, or which bar is installed on which side as they are identical. If they're removed after install they're supposed to stay on the same side. These have never been installed, so it doesn't matter.

I'm interested in these, can you tell us what these would do for my car when replacing factory stock ones? My car is a '70 Dart and will be strictly used on the street. I would like to make some handling upgrades, and I want my car to sit a little lower than stock. These will "stiffen" up the suspension? Also... How big of a job is it to replace them? I realize I will need to do some research here in the suspension forum.. Thanks just the same for your insight

These bars will definitely stiffen up your suspension and improve handling. I don't know specifically what the wheel rate is on these as it's not published, but I would suspect they're in the 190 to 200 lb/in range. You would still need sway bars for more serious handling, they did leave some body roll in play, but they're good upgrade from stock if you don't want to go into full autocross trim. Since they're zero offset they're probably better for a lowered car, but at least on my Duster I could have still gotten pretty close to stock ride height with the adjusters all the way in. But my Duster is a small block car with no A/C, manual steering, aluminum intake, headers, etc, so it's fairly light. Might not be the best option for a big block car unless you want to be lowered.

For changing them I would take a look at the suspension forum, it can be pretty easy if they've been lubed and maintained all the way up to nearly impossible if they're dried up and rusted in.

Waiting to hear back from Jim, Dart6 is second in line.

Bars are sold to dart6! Thanks everyone for your interest, and thank FABO for the ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back