Not open for further replies.

guido

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
To fit a 1964 barracuda with a front swaybar, I have 9 inch now, I have oversize tires and I am being told the disc brake upgrades increase the hub to hub distance by 5/8" per side. If that's truly the case, my front tires will rub. Angelo aka Guido Comments?

If the disc kit is based on the late model single piston calipers, your track will increase. If you stay with the early factory Kelsey Hayes four piston discs, it should stay the same; and also allow you to keep your 4" bolt circle wheels. The later model discs will change your bolt circle to 4 1/2" and you'd need different wheels anyway. Beware of the kits that offer late model discs redrilled to a 4" bolt circle, the hubs aren't always turned down to the 4" bolt circle's smaller center register- it may or may not be an issue with your particular wheels if they're aftermarket, it will be if they're factory wheels.
The 10" drums use the same lower control arm as your 9" drums (and the discs do too, for that matter), so you'll be able to keep your sway bar. Late discs need the calipers to be rear hung for sway bar clearance, early discs aren't an issue.

I have a complete set of 10" front drums off my 67 Barracuda if you are still needing some? 5x4 sbp. one has broken stud. Shoot me a pm if so.

10 drums.jpg

I have a 10” set up with new lower ball joints, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, all hardware, sandblasted backing plates and spindles all painted VHT black.
I also have a new dual pot master cylinder that is a 1967 style bolt and clamp type cover for drum brakes.
Let me know if interested. I’m in southern NH so no shipping option can be figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back