10" x 1.75 Dodge Drum Pictures

-

stop the beast

Reaction score
This picture would have been useful to me when installing my drums because I made the excellent choice of ripping them a part a few months ago and not taking a picture before hand. And the factory manual is still missing in action. Anyone have one have a factory manual for sale for a '66?

Rear A Body 10 x 1 3/4

IMAG0150.jpg

I am not sure the bottom spring is correct. doesnt look right to me. nevermind mine are 2.5 and the shoes have a third hole from the bottom the cross spring goes in.

25grtli.jpg

There, try that one

I cant figgure out how to remove the small attachment

Attachments

• 10"brakes.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 121
To remove the unwanted attachment, go to your post, bottom right corner..hit edit.
scroll across the link for the attachment,left click and hit delete when your options pop up.
Go back to bottom of post and click save.

UBDONE

To remove the unwanted attachment, go to your post, bottom right corner..hit edit.
scroll across the link for the attachment,left click and hit delete when your options pop up.
Go back to bottom of post and click save.

UBDONE

I can't see anything there that applies to the attachment the big one I posted using www.tinypic.com

Yes, this is from the '67 shop manual

I had the same issues. My 65 Dart w/ 10" drums didn't have self-adjusters on any wheels and I wanted them. Nobody lists adjusters for early A's w/ 10" drums, though most list 9" drums, so I bought 2 "brake kits" for a 73+ Dart w/ 10" drums (rear). I figured they are all the generic "Bendix brake w/ floating shoes" design, and should work for any make or model. This kit has adjusters & springs for 1 axle, ~$8 at Autozone. Seems each store holds only 1 in stock, so plan two trips.

The photo shows the left rear w/ new cylinder and shoes. Notice the adjuster is different than the FSM figures. The lower return spring runs horizontal between shoes. The adjuster uses a lever spring. Also note that my shoes have small holes for the lower spring. Perhaps all new shoes do, or I was just lucky. One problem I recall is that the kits are for 1.75" wide shoes, so the shoe "nails" in the kit are too short for the front so re-use your front nails (vice-versa?, look up 74 Dart rear shoes). I keep everything labeled in zip lock bags, but still managed to lose a spring cup, though they come in the kit.

My 65 FSM shows the same photos as the 67 ones posted, so somebody lost the original self-adjusters, or tossed them (prior owner). They had run the return spring across the lower holes. Brake-O's have done worse to me, why I am total DIY today.

Attachments

• 10 drum brake - left rear compressed.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 83
-
Back