11/16" drill bit

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Pretty sad when you have to resort to buying a drill bit on line.......:banghead: :wack: :banghead: :violent1:

What?
You can buy that in any hardware store in WV.
Tractor Supply, Lowe's, Home Depot have them if you need a cheap bit, but they ask a premium price.
Some of the best bits I have found come from Fastenal and they are cheaper and a lot better quality than the box store crap.

I don't know what you are saying. If you can't find one in Spokane, you must notta tried very hard Fasteners whatever it's called? For starters. Jensen-Byrd?

I don't know what you are saying. If you can't find one in Spokane, you must notta tried very hard Fasteners whatever it's called? For starters. Jensen-Byrd?

Fastenal
Napa also has them but the quality is hit and mis.

FASTENAL get the Norseman brand they are our best brand if the local store doesn't have them ill UPS them to you from my store

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, several Ace hardwares....never heard of Fastenall? One of the stores I called was wholesale....so that left me out....was having one of them days....several doc appointments & shopping with the Boss so frustration kicked in and gave up before hitting NAPA....

My local ACE hardware carries Hanson bits up to an inch. You might try them. Their not the quality they used to be but still much better than harbor freight crapola. Probably looking at about $15 for a bit that size at ACE

My local ACE hardware carries Hanson bits up to an inch. You might try them. Their not the quality they used to be but still much better than harbor freight crapola. Probably looking at about $15 for a bit that size at ACE

Went to 2 different Ace stores...nada...

Move to the USA;-)

We got 'em all day long.

Buying drill bits online is nothing new to me. I order sizes like 3/64 in packs of 10.
When I did the door hinge bushing thing I needed 31/64 ( I think, my memory aint so great ). Bought it at a store called The Tool Shed. I've got metric thread dies, and other oddities from there over the years. It is quite a drive away though. Having the mail carrier bring tools to me is much more convenient.

Try ENCO http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM

I'm surprised you don't have a local industrial supply store of some sort. Avoid the home centers for drill bits if they really matter. I'd rather spend $20 for a good HSS bit than have a cheap one break in an oil passage (been there, done that).

Also, 11/16" is a pretty oddball size for a twist drill.

I needed a 37/64th to enlarge four 9/16th holes so they could be tapped. Went online and found the best drill bit I could for about $20. Drilling slowly and using oil, the bit was dull before it got 1/4" in a cast iron spindle. The tap was another $25 from Snap-on. Instead of ordering a ream to screw around some more, I took the spindles to a machine shop and got them all drilled and tapped for $40.

Tool purchases are a crap shoot, and with China making most of them, even respected brand names, it's usually snake-eyes.

Curious, what are you putting an 11/16" hole in?
Building a lift for my bike. Bolts are 5/8", unthreaded section is 11/16". I should have just used 1/2" grade 8 stuff but was not thinking.

Move to the USA;-)

We got 'em all day long.
Last I checked eastern Washington is in the USA....
Buying drill bits online is nothing new to me. I order sizes like 3/64 in packs of 10.
When I did the door hinge bushing thing I needed 31/64 ( I think, my memory aint so great ). Bought it at a store called The Tool Shed. I've got metric thread dies, and other oddities from there over the years. It is quite a drive away though. Having the mail carrier bring tools to me is much more convenient.
I buy a lot of stuff on line. I live close to an hour from town. Much easier to order something and have it waiting at the PO for me. Not to mention the $$ end of it. Don't remember the specifics but I put together a list of stainless hardware for the bike build. Buying it on line is going to save me close to 50% over buying it in town....and I will not have to go to several different places to get what I need....which seems to be somewhat common for me.

Try ENCO http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM

I'm surprised you don't have a local industrial supply store of some sort. Avoid the home centers for drill bits if they really matter. I'd rather spend $20 for a good HSS bit than have a cheap one break in an oil passage (been there, done that).

Also, 11/16" is a pretty oddball size for a twist drill.
I am sure there is some sort of industrial supply in Spokane....just don't know where it is.

No point of me getting into why I got frustrated and gave up looking the other.....nobody really cares so why bother??

Another thing to look for is shank size when you order.

-
Back