120amp Denso alt with v belt

-

Reaction score
my local parts store can't help me. I have a 90 amp Denso that I used for mock up, now that I know it will fit I want to go to the 120 ( I'm sure 90 will be ok but hey what the hell). They can't find a 120 with v belt, only serpentine. Is there such a thing or do I have to go with 120 and change pulley ?

You might be able to change pulleys from the present one...........

I'm returning the present one. I also don't have a puller so if I can order a 120 it would save a little grief.

I'm returning the present one. I also don't have a puller so if I can order a 120 it would save a little grief.
I bought my 130 chevy alternator off ebay, from a guy in Kansas. d-b elec. I think. he`ll build u one the way u want it.

Google search for "john deere 100211-603". It's a 120amp Denso with a v-belt pulley. They run about $120 or so.

If I remember correctly, a 1989 Dakota or regular pickup could have it also, optional because of higher electrical load. a/c, trailer towing etc.

Rock Auto has new 120 amp Denso with V pulleys, around 100.00 and 10 shipping,, use 1990 D150 with a 318

Be mindful of the charge post position on the larger Denso alternators - alternators with rear charge posts may cause interference issues.

Just out of curiosity.... what do you run that requires so many amps ?

I've got exactly what you are looking for.

IMG_2180.JPG

Just out of curiosity.... what do you run that requires so many amps ?
Fuel injection, stereo with amp,dual electric fans, h4 bulbs, twin cooling fans, ac. My squareback is fine until I turn on the lights or ac. At idle it barely keeps up to the fans and efi.

Fuel injection, stereo with amp,dual electric fans, h4 bulbs, twin cooling fans, ac. My squareback is fine until I turn on the lights or ac. At idle it barely keeps up to the fans and efi.

Let me just say that a larger alternator does NOT NECESSARILY put out more power at low speed than a smaller one. Years and YEARS ago, "in another life" we had a huge big thick book on Delco alternators with RPM/ vs output curves for their alternators.

That's the whole point of going with a denso, they have a high output even at low rpm

-
Back