13 inch tires?

-
I would say that most people are changing to 14" rims, since the 13" tires are way small and 14" tires are still somewhat still available. You should be able to scare up a set of 14" rims with no problem, I know I have 2 or 3 sets lying around here with the SBP. Geof

I've got a 91 Geo running 165/13 and a 96 Camry running 185/14. Tire stores can get both sizes ( un-familiar brand names ) at about 150 per pair.

I just went through the 13 inch tire search. Seems most guys at tire shops are too lazy to look when they hear you want 13" tires. What I found was that there were actually quite a few 13" tires still available . The local Walmart actaully had a set of Goodyear Marathons 185-80R13 on the shelf for about $80 ea. Another tire shop had some Carltons 185-80R13 for $59. (I bought those) There were several choices for 185-70R13:
Goodyear Integrety
Sigma
Kumho Solus KR21
Falken Sincera SN-828
Goodride H500
Goodride SP06
Sailun Atrezzo SH402
Doral SDL
Epic
Hankook Zovac HPW401
And A couple of Yokohamas

I also found several 175-70R13 One I remeber is the Goodyear Eagle ST but they offered several others. There were even a few tires in sizes like 225-50R13 or 235-55R for around $100 for the wider, lower look.

Thirteens are getting harder to find but not too bad. It's harder to find a person who actaully cares to sell you some!

"I dont mind 13" tires on my M.G. midget
but never on my mopar "

But to keep a Valiant somewhat original with the proper wheelcovers..........
Now for my Barracuda give me some tread!!!!

After three tires shops turned me away, with the old "leave me your number", two nights looking around & researching sizes online finally a local tire shop said "Sure I'll help ya".
Since I had just bought her last Sunday with dry rotted, sitting for years with flats firestones, gettiing her up on all fours again was a must.
Went with 185/70x13 Doral's. $190 installed new stems and balance. Tires are current and available. Infact Tire man had to send a runner out for another set from his Distributor for a Mazda.
After my Girlfriend and I gave her a good scrubing we took her out for pizza. Here are some pictures with new sneakers.
God Bless.

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 054.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 179
After three tires shops turned me away, with the old "leave me your number", two nights looking around & researching sizes online finally a local tire shop said "Sure I'll help ya".
Since I had just bought her last Sunday with dry rotted, sitting for years with flats firestones, gettiing her up on all fours again was a must.
Went with 185/70x13 Doral's. $190 installed new stems and balance. Tires are current and available. Infact Tire man had to send a runner out for another set from his Distributor for a Mazda.
After my Girlfriend and I gave her a good scrubing we took her out for pizza. Here are some pictures with new sneakers.
God Bless.

Great looking piece of Detroit iron you have there.

Glad you found some new skins. That's really a nice looking Barracuda!! Bet you turn some heads with that!

I am running 165-80-13's up front and new 185-70-13 Kumho tires on the rear.

The 185-70-13's are pretty cheap at Discounttire. They are like $35 each.

I think those are your best bet with tires now. I did alot of research before I bought tires and I come to find out that not much people make 13" tires any more. Also I found out most companies that are selling there 13" tires have them for pretty high prices.

Good luck on the search!

165-80-13's up front and 185-70-13's on the rear:

998_0671.jpg

998_0672.jpg

998_0669.jpg

-
Back