14" BBP rims on 11" discs?

-

OleNatesOlds

Reaction score
So I'm going with '87 Fifth Avenue (M body) spindles and calipers to do my disc conversion on my '69 Dart Custom /6. I bought new tires when I first got it and they are still almost new. Without having to buy new tires, are there 14" BBP rims off of something that will fit the 11" discs? Thanks

I think the normal disc rotor is 11", so a 14" wheel shouldn't be a problem. Did the 5th Ave come with 15" wheels?
C

Yeah it sure did have 15s on it which would look sweet all black with or w/o dog dish caps and RWL tires. Maybe I can find some cheap used tires to fit them and have basically two new sets for the rear until I step up to a 8 3/4 setup. Might they be too wide though? If I went looking, would BBP 14s basically be found only on Mopar RWD passenger cars from 70s and 80s? Probably not trucks, right? I think they have a 'RBBP'.

14" bbp wheels will fit as long as they are the disc brake type. Most '73 up A-body's used 11" brakes and 14" wheels.

A little off topic, but what does it take to use the 5th Ave spindles?

Also, if you have big bolt pattern, look into getting a set of soft 8's from summitracing, you can get them for $41-45 each. You can go up to 17" also for few extra dollars, all on preference. They look like this:
6.jpg

the M body spindle's will bolt right on with correct Upper A-arms and balljoints etc. ( the big argument is that they are somewhat taller). If it were me, I would use the "Firm Feel" upper tubular A-Arms as they supposedly make this swap more "geometry friendly". They are also are set up with a bit more pos. caster. for better high speed handling.
........just my .02..........

I have the magnum force, tubular upper control arms with the larger ball joint. The 5th Ave's are cheap around here.... good to know.

There you go OleNatesOlds, there is some confirmation for you in that article. According to that article, you can run 14" wheels with the 11" brakes, but not the 11.75" brakes.

-
Back