14" tire availability

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
Where are you guys finding 14" tires for a 7-8"wide rim ?
I know BF Goodrich T/As come in 14's...but are there others out there ?

And what sizes are you finding ? I spent an hour on Tirerack searching sizes and found a few 205/70-14s but was hoping for more choices in a 60 series...

If you have the choice of moving up to 15" do it, if not the goodrich is close to the only game in town. I thought that I saw a Cooper 245/60/14, can't find it now.

I have a set of 14" slots that are already polished and dont want to spend more on rims.
Dont need 245 wide.... Maybe in the 225 range. I want to keep a more mild look.

I have a set of 245/60-15 T/As on Rallyes and cant say I am overly impressed with traction or ride...they are pretty old tire technology IMO..

I can go with Michelin 215/70-14s

I have a set of 14" slots that are already polished and dont want to spend more on rims.
Dont need 245 wide.... Maybe in the 225 range. I want to keep a more mild look.

I have a set of 245/60-15 T/As on Rallyes and cant say I am overly impressed with traction or ride...they are pretty old tire technology IMO..

I can go with Michelin 215/70-14s

I liked the 245 bfg's I had on my s10. Rode good and had good bite. The older and harder they get though, turns in to a whole new ball game

Different story on 70 Charger with a 440/6 and a roller cam.
I guess I should say I wasnt impressed with the traction considering the size of the tire.
Besides i am looking for a more understated look.

Different story on 70 Charger with a 440/6 and a roller cam.
I guess I should say I wasnt impressed with the traction considering the size of the tire.
Besides i am looking for a more understated look.

Right. In your case, I'd just go with 225-215/70/14's as you stated above. Should be easy enough to come by through discount or any other tire store still. Will probably have to be ordered mind you, but can be ha fairly quick

Not sure if you have a discount tire in the big sky, discounttiredirect on ebay they have 225/70/14 but whatever you like personally, its nice to see a tire that fills up the hole.

I bought some 235-60-14 white letters a few months ago at pep boys. I think they was around 90 bucks apiece. seem like really good tires. dave.

I bought some 235-60-14 white letters a few months ago at pep boys. I think they was around 90 bucks apiece. seem like really good tires. dave.

I've had those futura GLS Super sports on several vehicles. I love them!

I dont want to be over tired or under tired. If i go racing i will use slicks. I work in the car busines..porsches ,Mercedes , Acura , Rover , Jags and Volvos....I have learned that there is a big difference between good tires and cheap tires when it comes to ride quality , tire life and traction. I wish they made a michelin , perelli or Continentel in a 225/60-14 !

It sounds odd...but I can drive Porsche Turbo's , SLS mercedes , Jag type F's and Super Charged Range Rovers. But I get more excited about an old muscle car that drives onto the lot !

I have a customer that used to own a 68 SS hemi Barracuda.... At first I thought he was full of sh**t... So I asked him what color it was... He said it was white....except for the hood and fenders....they were black ! Turns out he was the original owner of Gentle Ben !
An original Super Stock Hemi Barracuda that campained in the Northwest Back in 68-71!!!!

I couldnt stop talking after that !

I dont want to be over tired or under tired. If i go racing i will use slicks. I work in the car busines..porsches ,Mercedes , Acura , Rover , Jags and Volvos....I have learned that there is a big difference between good tires and cheap tires when it comes to ride quality , tire life and traction. I wish they made a michelin , perelli or Continentel in a 225/60-14 !

It sounds odd...but I can drive Porsche Turbo's , SLS mercedes , Jag type F's and Super Charged Range Rovers. But I get more excited about an old muscle car that drives onto the lot !

I have a customer that used to own a 68 SS hemi Barracuda.... At first I thought he was full of sh**t... So I asked him what color it was... He said it was white....except for the hood and fenders....they were black ! Turns out he was the original owner of Gentle Ben !
An original Super Stock Hemi Barracuda that campained in the Northwest Back in 68-71!!!!

I couldnt stop talking after that !

If you get the futuras, you won't be disappointed. Quiet and bite good. I had 215/70/14's on my 64 valiant and loved them

ya, mine are the futuras. they ride great and have a good grip. alot better than the Goodrich . when I got mine, they had 205, 215, and 225 70 14's, and 215, 225, and 235 60 14's. I think the 235 fills the tubs on a swinger real nice. dave.

ya, mine are the futuras. they ride great and have a good grip. alot better than the Goodrich . when I got mine, they had 205, 215, and 225 70 14's, and 215, 225, and 235 60 14's. I think the 235 fills the tubs on a swinger real nice. dave.

Futura 235/60 is na. :(

Do not go with 205 70 14 , see to much wheel well , i put 215 70 14,s on my dart sport better fit

Attachments

• front tire view (640x480).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 227
Is that a Winchester Grey Sport ? looks good.

I dont remember if my slots are 7" or 8" wide...

I saw quite a few 14's out at Sams a hour ago. I didn't pay attention to the sizes but I saw some BFG Radial TA's. tmm

They barely make real good street tires for 15" wheels anymore. As far as I can tell they even stopped making the 225/60-15 BFG G-Force Sports I have on my car. Its amazing how much grippier these tires are than the Radial T/A, Cooper Cobra, etc

I guess when these are worn, I'll have to upgrade to 17's. Continental ExtremeContact DW tires are great bangs for the buck...but they only come in larger wheel sizes (16"+)

Where are you guys finding 14" tires for a 7-8"wide rim ?
I know BF Goodrich T/As come in 14's...but are there others out there ?

And what sizes are you finding ? I spent an hour on Tirerack searching sizes and found a few 205/70-14s but was hoping for more choices in a 60 series...
Coopers and they are a little less money !

235/60r14s are what I had on a set of 14x7s and they looked awesome on the back of my 65 Dart Gt. I also had 205s on the front of the same size wheels, looked good also.

-
Back