$149K 69 swinger on e-bay?

-
Beautiful Dart but there is something very odd re: the bidding on this car. Besides it jumping from 11K to 149K (which is a farce), approx. 7 bids were cancelled with the explanation being: "Contact me prior biding for the corect price". There is nothing in the auction as far as I see that says to contact the seller first for any reason. Hmmmmm?

The color of the motor is one thing but $149K is a whole other thing. There's something about this auction that stinks. :fart:

It's nice but not that nice. The stripe is on crooked for one thing and the yeah the wrong engine color and also the add on Woodgrain steering wheel which is a GTS option, and not found on plain jane Swingers. The dash is painted a gloss black instead of the correct flat/satin matte finish. I agree with GTXperience, Something ain't quite right here. But then again, it's EBAY!!!

It’s up to nine bids now.
I really have no clue.
“This particular Dart” (don’t you just love that phrase) is “69000 original miles”.
Or is it a “restoration”?
Take your pick, I guess
And 178Kisn’t the correct price either.
The pricing can be easily explained.
It’s call “The Price Is Right”. :scratch:

The bidding is back to $900 for an opening bid and the reserve is not met. Either a fat-finger on that $14K bid, or someones self-medicating and screwed up the dosage....

When I click on the link it says $900 with 0 bids? Seller has no feedback either.

Yep I agree with John!! He or she was on a double drip:rolleyes:

Time for another :coffee2:

I do like that dart, how long will it stay 900 dolors.

Actually 416 stroker, the woodgrain wheel was available on Swingers. Mine came with the woodgrain wheel, and shift ball.
Also guys, whats wrong with the engine colour?

I think he relisted the ad. It is at $900 right now at 9:30am.

Looks like a nice car, but the wheels are wrong, it shouldn't have the drip rail trim unless it also has the wheel opening moldings, the chrome under the car isn't right, the exhaust isn't right, the tach isn't right, and the ignition has been converted with holes drilled to mount the ign box, the intake is wrong, and a few other things.

I mean, its a wonderful car, don't get me wrong, but if he's selling it as a "restoration", those things should be corrected. I think it would pull more money that way, but like I said, it is an awesome car as it sits.

I hope my 69 Swinger looks as good when I finish it.
I wish mine was a 4 speed, but I'll give up the 4 speed for power steering and brakes anyday! LOL

George

It went back up to $40,000 and now its back to $900 again?? I like the car as it sits. Would love to take a spin in that bad boy!

all the money that car has in it you think he would have sprung for a set of TTI headders instead of the junk it has on it now.

NtNemoMopar
I mispoke about the wood grain wheel. What I meant to say was that it was part of the interior option group that Swingers could get but was gound mostly on the GTS where as most plain jane Swingers didn't get it! Mine also came with a woodgrain shift knob as most all of the 4 speeds had. As far as engine color goes, depending when the car was built, it will have torquoise or orange for a engine color. The blue was used in 72 on most of the engines and in 70 on the 318.

I think he relisted the ad. It is at $900 right now at 9:30am.

Looks like a nice car, but the wheels are wrong, it shouldn't have the drip rail trim unless it also has the wheel opening moldings, the chrome under the car isn't right, the exhaust isn't right, the tach isn't right, and the ignition has been converted with holes drilled to mount the ign box, the intake is wrong, and a few other things.

I mean, its a wonderful car, don't get me wrong, but if he's selling it as a "restoration", those things should be corrected. I think it would pull more money that way, but like I said, it is an awesome car as it sits.

I hope my 69 Swinger looks as good when I finish it.
I wish mine was a 4 speed, but I'll give up the 4 speed for power steering and brakes anyday! LOL

George
I remember my original '69 Swinger 340 that I bought used less than 6 months old in very early '70 had the drip rail trim and did not have wheel well trim. My original engine was the turquoise color but memory says it was a different shade than this engine. Also, my black interior stock bench seat was not all the same color. The insets were more of a dark charcoal rather than all black.
But this is a very nice car and I sure wouldn't kick it out of the garage if it was mine.
Black is such a great color on a car but shows little bit of dust and body imperfections. I had a triple black '70 Charger that was gorgeous for about 20 minutes after washing and waxing before the dust started settling on it.

OCDart
From what I've read, the drip rail/wheel opening moldings were sold as a set, but as I also learned (and this is so on Corvettes as well) never say never!
I would imagine the dealer could have/would have installed both or one/other depending on the customer's wishes.
I also wonder if what would be "SOP" in one plant, may not be so in another.

Thoughts from the more experienced in the group welcomed and encouraged.

George

32 canceled bids so far. This has caught my attention but maybe that's what the seller is trying to do. Some ebay sellers are very manipulative. They will list a car like this and play all sorts of games just to have people like us (on many boards) talk about it and watch it. They may relist it again knowing that there will be many more people watching it and perhaps even interested in it vs the first listing. This auction appears dirty to me.

My '69 swinger 340 came with the A46 package which had the drip rail and lip moldings but on the buildsheet is does not have codes for drip rail moldings and that area is circled and in remarks has del M21 and initials. Car has painted roof molding areas. Car was a sold car so I assume it was ordered that way.

I guess we will see it is "ORIGIONAL"

-
Back