14x5.5 BBP steel rims on disc brakes

-

Machmeter1

Reaction score
Hello, another question regarding 14X5.5 steel rims. Sorry but I couldn't find anything in the search machine.

I am planning to get the stage 1 brake kit from Dr. Diff. (10.95"). According to the additional information, the kit will fit OEM style 14" disc brake spec wheels.
I have a "WTB" ad for 14x5.5 steelies on this page and got following rims offered:

Electrofuse 14x5.5 JK2
Made in USA 830

According to the seller, they would fit on Abodies with disc brakes - but I have my doubts. Since they are not cheap, I wanna make sure that this combo would work.

My car is a 69 Barracuda, which has already large bolt patterns on the rear end.

A0997360-9E71-4DE5-9E25-FC3D6AB5ED58.jpeg

D3564C47-0C5E-492D-BCE8-80CE433CE909.jpeg

They look like they have a lot of back space which might create an issue.

My stock 14x5.5 SBP steel wheels have enough clearance for the KH brakes but the rim to the upper ball joint is very close not much room to go deeper. (67dart)

I did not think about that, thank you. I was just concerned about the brake caliper. 14x5.5 J (e) was an option on 69 Barracudas so I was not concerned about the backspace. Just not sure if those rims have disc brake specs.

If you are going back to a 14" wheel, which imo is a terrible idea on so many levels, why run a 5.5 inch wheel. That allows you to run a 1xx/xx/14 tire. pizza cutters. Non-functional and dangerous.

Last edited:
Roccodart440, you are right but in Europe there are very strict rules on classic cars. For career reasons I might go back to Europe and I won't get a registration there, unless the car has orignal wheel dimensions with modern tires of course. I am aware that there would be easier ways but that's how it is. So I would need to know if the rims above would work on the disc brakes I am planning to get.
Thanks Wolfgang

I've got a stack of 14x5.5 disc brake compatible large bolt rims.
All from 76-80 F bodies (aspen/volare)

-
Back