15 inch tire suggestion

-

lvinglgend

Reaction score
Hello,
Thought id drop in and start asking a few questions pertaining to my car. I just purchased a 72 Dart Swinger at the Nats and dont know a whole lot about them as far as what tire combination I can run on them. I am looking to run a 15inch tire but want to know what is the biggest size I can run all the way around. Id like to keep the tires all the same size. I have a set of Eagle GT's 245x60R 15's but not sure I can run them on all 4. any advice or suggestions would be appreicated. Thanx

You can run them on the back depending on backspacing of the rim. I have 15 x 7 cop car rallies with 4.25 inches of BS and they fit well. I run 225-60's on the front and I think that as big as I could go with the same rim.

Thanx. Any tire recommendations?? Id like to run all the same size on all 4 or is there a good tire combo most people run???

P.S. Heres the car

CSC_0006.jpg

Geez 245/60 on the front? I would hazard that you will run into significant rubbing problems with those donuts. My best estimate, using my experiences with my 68 cuda and Australian Valiant Hardtop (read 67-69 Dodge Dart) is that 225/60 15s would be the limit for the front, with 215/60 the better option. 245/60s on the rear might be close in those enclosed rear wheelwells, but do-able with the right backspacing.

-
Back