15x8 steel wheels all around?

-

72swinger619

Reaction score
Can I use 15x 8 steel wheels of the same size on all four corners so I can do normal tire rotations if so what tire brand and size does anyone recomend as well as if anyone jas this done could you post pics

Btw this is for a 72 dart fmj front spindles 78 aspen disc brakea up front 8 1/4 rear fron 74 dart

I guess all I want to know is will 15x8 with 245/60r15 fit up front on 72 dart swinger

All right first I have never tried 15X8 wheels on the front. But based on fitting some 18X9 on the front of a 72 Dart. I believe those 245-60-15 tire wont work for two reasons. They are 26.6" tall that is problem one, I think your likely to have problems with anything over 26" tall rubbing at the lower front fender lip down by the bumper. Second those tires have a 9.8" section width. With a 15" diameter wheel you probably won't be able to run enough backspacing without hitting the outer tie rod ends. This will likely push the rim and tire out and make it rub the fender lip on the top.

I guess all I want to know is will 15x8 with 245/60r15 fit up front on 72 dart swinger

I don't think so. That will not fit on my 68 Dart with unmodified fenders. IIC, the 68 fender take the same wheel lip molding as a 72.

I did fit 245/60/15 on 15x6.5 rallyes on my 68 Dart BUT I moved the bottom of the front fender lip out about 1" or so.

I did this by moving the hole on the bottom fender lip for the support bracket forward about 1" or so. Now 67-69 Darts don't have a lower front valence. So when you move the support bracket the whole bottom of the fender out and creates tire clearance.

70-72 Darts have a front valence that will hold the fender back if you try to push the bottom of the fender lip out.

Thanks for the advice I am goin to return two of the 8 inch wheels and mount 15 x 6 up front 15 x 8 on rear

I'm running cop car wheels on a '72 Demon with 235/60-15 tires. The wheels are 15 x 7 with 4¼ back spacing. The car has '75 A-body disk brakes. In front, things barely clear. Hitting a hard bump while turning will bounce the tire off the inside of the fender. When I hung the fenders, I went as far out as I could go without creating an unsightly seam at the hood and fender. In the back, the tires are about a ½" clear of the rear spring. At full jounce, the tire will make contact with the inner fender at the rear. Next time I get tires, I plan to go to 225/60-15.

my 1978 aspen rt came with 15" plane black wheels I they were 8" wide but not sure they would fix A body

Like 2 darts, I put 15x7 cop steelies all the way around on the Spacer and had probs with the front while turning on corners,...Thinkin I'll be goin to the 15x6.5 in the front and 15 x 8 super coupe steelies in the back.

-
Back