17x7's 4" backspace??

-

Dart_440

Reaction score
I am looking to buy torq thrusts II, 17x7 with 4" back space for the front of my 67' dart. I am planning to run 215/50/17's. I have measured or tried to.. but not 100% sure if they will work? Anyone have any experiance with this??

If I want more backspace.. they are special orders and cost like 60 bucks more a wheel. So I am trying to see what I can do with the 4" backspace first.

Thanks Bryan

i don't have any experience with that backspace but with 7" width and 50 series tires i wouldn't think there would be any clearance issues. its only a half inch difference from stock. if the wheel were wider you might end up with fender clearance problems, certainly no issues on the inside of tire.

yeah I am confused too... I know guys are running these.. yet according to me measurements it doesn't seem like they will fit at all. Even with the special order max backspacing of 4 3/4" it looks like it will hit my lower front fender by like an inch when turning. :eek:(

I am looking to buy torq thrusts II, 17x7 with 4" back space for the front of my 67' dart. I am planning to run 215/50/17's....
Thanks Bryan

Not sure About the similarities/differences, but I have 17x7 - 4"BS Torqlites with 225 -50's on the front of my 73 Duster, and they only scrug occasionally, and that because I lowered the front end!

SuperDart360 had the 17x8's on hiis, and they worked fine.

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 29 09.45.jpg

ScreenHunter_02 Apr. 29 09.48.jpg

drop spindles. 17x9 front and rear. the 9's are too wide for the front,so i am going to 8's.

deb4.jpg

deb6.jpg

spoiler.jpg

deb4.jpg

deb6.jpg

spoiler.jpg

what size rims are those on the back and what back spacing what do you have on front also

what size rims are those on the back and what back spacing what do you have on front also

in the pics the fronts are 9". i had to go back down to 8's on the ront due to clearance issues. i still have 9's on the back with 275-40's. backspace on the rears are 5.72",i think the fronts are the same.

oh,i'm running a 10mm spacers front and rear. i didn't really need to keep them in the front with the 8's,but i just like the wide stance.

There is a member here who has a bitchin 66(?) cuda running a set of coys wheels. If I remember right its 17x7 with 4.25" backspace. Maybe he will chime in.

-
Back