1892 light bulb for AC control?

-

KenZ

Reaction score
According to my service manual I need an 1892 bulb for the light behind the AC controls for my 73 Duster. I've checked several places and no one carries it or can order it. Does anyone know of a replacement that will work?

Thanks,
ken

Ramcharger,

I saw that as well but when I went to order it, it said no longer available. I've checked Checker, Autozone, Pep Boys and NAPA. I also checked Sylvania's and Wagner's websites. No luck.

Late last night I decided to check all of the bulbs in the dash and see if any were the same size. I found a 1445 in the seat belt warning light that has the same base. That one seems to be readily available in case anyone else runs into the same thing.

Thanks,
Ken

Try "Candlepower Inc" I ordered some 1095 bulbs from them for my 66 Dart that no-one else on the planet had available. toolmanmike

Ramcharger,

I saw that as well but when I went to order it, it said no longer available. I've checked Checker, Autozone, Pep Boys and NAPA. I also checked Sylvania's and Wagner's websites. No luck.

Late last night I decided to check all of the bulbs in the dash and see if any were the same size. I found a 1445 in the seat belt warning light that has the same base. That one seems to be readily available in case anyone else runs into the same thing.

Thanks,
Ken

Wow! I saw those in the store about 3 years ago in the hanger packs. :angry7: I guess it's the price we pay for having class and driving cool cars, lol! I'll keep your info in mind and thanks for checking it out.

Edit*******

Rock Auto has 'em for .83 and drops to .53 for 10 or more! http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?catalog=35&partnum=1892&a=FR35-1892

I didn't even know there was supposed to be a light there. Thanks for pointing that out....Dean

I'm almost positive that I just bought a package (2) of them last week from Advance Auto Parts here in Arvada CO. I needed an 1816 for my thumb wheel radio and they didn't have any of those, but the kid talked me into buying the 1892's then I checked at AutoZone and they had the 1816's so I returned the 1892's. Send me a PM if you can't get them and I'll go back the Advance and get a pack for you. I think I paid $2.99 for 2, Ramcharger's price is better but don't get beat up on the shipping.

-
Back