1948 plymouth sedan

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wana trade for an 87 mustang Gt? Lol that's an awesome car you have there my friend. GLWS!

i've got some draw-through turbo parts laying around i was going to turbocharge it this summer. It would be cool to have a stock looking 4door beater with a pair of snail shells under the hood. I bet the tuner guys would be confused when they hear a blow off valve coming from a 40's sedan.

All the drivetrain is out of a 80's diplomat. It must have like a 2.33 rear in it or some other airplane gears. We go camping down at assateague island and believe it or not I got 30mpg the last time I took it down there. So yeah it'll make it anywhere. I haven't been driving it as much lately and i did notice some trans juice under it the last time I moved it. So I'm guessing it's gonna need a new seal eventually from sitting.

the rockers are the worst spot. You can find them on ebay for cheap someone makes repo's but it wouldn't be hard to make them yourself. the spare tire well in the trunk I cut out had holes in it and got removed so i could hang the muffler there. I don't have inner fenderwells I want to make smooth ones to clean up the engine bay. Some of the doors are bubbled abit at the bottom too. There isn't much to these cars as far as sheet metal. They didn't layer things up like they did in the sixties. makes them easy to patch up

Reminds me of a car that a friend of mine drove around about 20 years ago, near Indiana PA. Very nice ride you have there, if it's still around after the snow stops falling maybe I'll make a visit to PA! That car would fit rite in here in the southwest.

CIMG3757_zps4a251e0c.jpg

CIMG3735_zpsbc1bb614.jpg

CIMG3741_zps707ff489.jpg

CIMG3748_zps5495c474.jpg

that actually works!

CIMG3734_zpsef0c3ab9.jpg

I backed into a stump at my brothers house. The bumper is pinned into a 2" receiver hitch. We used the 48 to pull my brothers 37 plymouth pickup salt flat racer

CIMG3751_zps6e7ceacb.jpg
uglyrust

CIMG3756_zps2732b3e8.jpg
moreuglyrust

CIMG3755_zps86be02b7.jpg
the fenders have these little holes in them but the grill shell is from out west and is like new

CIMG3729_zpsd6a6e1e0.jpg

bubbling doors

I'll try to post more nasty pictures of it if I can find them..... what a way to sell a car huh? I really don't want to get rid of it but....... hopefully I'll finish another project instead of having all these unfinished projects. Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
thanks josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back