1960-1962 Valiant/Lancer thread

-
I do not think I posted in this yet. Here is mine.

1962 S200 225 auto
Kinda crispy in lower sides and rear underside.
Needs fuel tank work, seatbelts, trim put back on, and a power steering leak fixed for starters. Hopefully wqht is left of the rear frame will hold up for a while.
Hopefully I will get him on the road someday next year (family leaves me little time to play).
My plan is to leave him as-is - I love rust & patina... It says 'history' to me! #-o but he might have too much....

Attachments

• front small.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 341
  • rear small.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 332
  • engine small.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 338
Hope to have it transported to Texas within a month.

c53f69bc-f70d-477c-ab6a-3b0fcf69257f_zpskzmwmtbo.jpg

I just received some original horns for my '61 Lancer. Still can't figure out where these things mount, and the original brackets make it even more of a mystery. Anyone have a photo of them?

I just received some original horns for my '61 Lancer. Still can't figure out where these things mount, and the original brackets make it even more of a mystery. Anyone have a photo of them?
I uess the 61 same as 62.?? no pics as I am in Tx and my Lancr is still in Mo! ha.... but, the horns mount to sides of inner fenders. if I recall.

'61 Lancer horns mount inside the front valence panel. '62 Lancer horns mount on vertical brackets on passenger and driver inner fenders under the hood.

'61 Lancer horns mount inside the front valence panel. '62 Lancer horns mount on vertical brackets on passenger and driver inner fenders under the hood.

Thanks for everyone's help. I finally figured it out. They actually mount on the inside top of the hood catch panel and face downward. I believe the valence panel is at the bottom. The panel itself prevents them from rotating once they are mounted with only one bolt. Took me forever to figure this out, but I saw a glimpse of them mounted in another car and then saw the mounting locations. I thought I would post this for any other '61 Lancer owners. I hope they won't affect the cooling of the radiator....

61LancerHorns_zpsg5c2ttkh.jpg
61LancerHorns.jpg

-
Back