1961-2 Lancers, 1960-2 Valiants-post pics

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
yes we are a small group, but it might be a great thing to have fellow owners here on tis thread, for support and contacts. I will have to search for the pic of my 62 Lancer 170, 2 door post car, 3 on tree.

See here for more, but here's one of mine:

62_Lancer_Dream_72.jpg

this thread only reminds me of my computer crash...I will have to snap a photo of my 61 Lancer 770 coupe..it is a works in progress car. that is not on the front burner....don't expect much but it still exists...too many of these have been crushed over the years...my avatar does not show much but that's my ride

I am amazed how the B bodies guys that love early B bodies LOVE the 62 B cars...... same LOOK to me as the Lancer and early Valiant!

true body styling cues did not stop with a single letter of the alphabet...beside...A always comes before B

maybe not the prettiest gal at the prom, but she can dance....again...back burner project...

IMG_1277.JPG

Here's a couple of pictures of the LA engine installation in the '62 V-200 4-door:

front.jpg

2-10-2004.jpg

2-12-2004.jpg

Valiant wiring.jpg

For exhaust I am using P/N 3614368 (left) and 2863549 (right) manifolds off a '69-'70 Dart with a 340 because I think they are the only manifolds that will fit, and it was easier and cheaper than trying to use headers. But beware, use these manifolds at your own risk because I have excessive detonation with this fairly high-compression (10.5:1) 360, and I am still in the process of tracking down its cause. Of course it could be caused by too much ignition advance, running too lean, an exhaust restriction or inadequate quench, and I am trying to eliminate each of the first three causes before removing the heads for examination. So I'm still wondering if these manifolds may be too restrictive for my engine. I think there may be a substantial and unnecessary restriction where the manifold meets the head pipe, but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pictures of the LA engine installation in the '62 V-200 4-door:

View attachment 1715018536

View attachment 1715018537

View attachment 1715018538

View attachment 1715018539

For exhaust I am using P/N 3614368 (left) and 2863549 (right) manifolds off a '69-'70 Dart with a 340 because I think they are the only manifolds that will fit, and it was easier and cheaper than trying to use headers. But beware, use these manifolds at your own risk because I have excessive detonation with this fairly high-compression (10.5:1) 360, and I am still in the process of tracking down its cause. Of course it could be caused by too much ignition advance, running too lean, an exhaust restriction or inadequate quench, and I am trying to eliminate each of the first three causes before removing the heads for examination. So I'm still wondering if these manifolds may be too restrictive for my engine. I think there may be a substantial and unnecessary restriction where the manifold meets the head pipe, but I'm not sure yet.

how does the radiator fit?? the slant in those uses a thin rad that is tight! you had to modify the rad support?? just wondering. awesome build.

-
Back