1964 Barracuda front center grille modification on a car that is not mine. Is it better than factory original design?

-
1712207229921.png

Not bad.

I'd about bet that they did that to make attachment points where the top corner tabs are always broken on those grill centers. Looks good on the red car, but I think it would look better if the grill center was black instead of red. I'm kinda digging the later model remote chrome mirror add on! Not a fan of the drivers side Pentastar. Nice car overall.

:thumbsup:

Good point with the grille tabs. It's all the little things that add up. I have the double post mirrors on my car and I think they look great but I don't dislike the newer ones on this car. I never even noticed it until you pointed it out. Thanks

The tabs on the top corners of my 65 grill are broken and gone. I've got a plan in my head to make new ones and attach them to the grill with panel bond adhesive. I like my twin post mirrors too. :)

The tabs on the top corners of my 65 grill are broken and gone. I've got a plan in my head to make new ones and attach them to the grill with panel bond adhesive. I like my twin post mirrors too. :)
That should be a pretty easy fab and fix job. Karrin and I have had 6 or 7 over the years and were just lucky. All the grill tabs were good. The grille spacing had no damage and all of the fresh air door boxes were good LOL. We did have to do a couple trunk lid hinge repairs and quite a few clutches. She blamed the clutches on me.LOL

-
Back