1964 Plymouth Valiant Leaf SPring Relocation Kit, How big of a tire can I go ?

-

64whiteghost

Reaction score
Hello guys, Iam building a 1964 Plymouth Valiant Hardtop no post. It will have a 1968 340 450hp and a A833 4 speed with a 8 3/4 3:91 gears. I recently bought the Leafspring Relocation kit. I am planning on running

Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Tires 255510. I will also be changing to a big bolt pattern all around. Does anybody know whats the biggest tire you can run a 64 Valiant with the relocation kit ?

Your best bet is to measure if you want to utilize all the extra space. I say that because no two of these cars is the same regarding wheel well space and whatnot, due to factory tolerances.....or more appropriately, intolearances. lol

I recently bought the Leafspring Relocation kit.
Depends which kit you're installing- the offset hangers (which gain you about 1/2" per side), or the kit that relocates the mounts into the frame rail (gains about 3" per side, but requires a mini-tub to take full advantage of the relocation).
Like Rusty said: measure, re-measure and measure again. It's the only way to know for sure.

This goes without mentioning, but I thought I would anyway. Have the 8 3/4 in the car before measuring.

That tire showed as a 275/60 R15 with a full relocation kit and mini tubs you should be good to go. If you stick with a stock width rear set the tires up then measure for wheels.

Unless you are set on a particular wheel with limited sizes then set up wheels and narrow axle to fit.

My 66 Dart with mini tubs and springs moved can fit a 325/50 R15

Can you measure the width of the stock rear wheel well. I wondering if it is the same wheel well as a early A Barracuda. I have the full relocation kit. I did try the offset hangers but found I needed another 3/4 so my tires would not hit the spring but are able to take full advantage of the width of stock wheel well. I am running a 275 40r17 on my car in the stock wheel well with the springs moved in. This is on a 65 Barracuda. As the guys said above, if you put in a mini tub you could go even wider.

Thank you
Can you measure the width of the stock rear wheel well. I wondering if it is the same wheel well as a early A Barracuda. I have the full relocation kit. I did try the offset hangers but found I needed another 3/4 so my tires would not hit the spring but are able to take full advantage of the width of stock wheel well. I am running a 275 40r17 on my car in the stock wheel well with the springs moved in. This is on a 65 Barracuda. As the guys said above, if you put in a mini tub you could go even wider.
Thank you for your response, Honestly I will be happy with 255s to 265s so if you are running 275s we should be in good shape. For good measure I will double check the measurement of the wheel well

My 64V with 2800# SS springs and the full offset kit 3” gets me 1100x28x15 and 275x60x15 never a rub.Stock wheel well.

I think around 195 or 205 R 14

64 valiants came with 6.50x13

And 64 caddy’s and Lincoln’s would have had 900or 915x15

-
Back