1964 Valiant Brake Hardware Question

-

T0dd

Reaction score
Hi All,
Is the WAGNER H7073 kit just for the rear or do the springs match the front as well (stock drums all around)? If rear only does anyone know the Wagner number for the front?

Thanks for any input!
-Todd

I bet it fits regardless of what corner it goes on. Just an opinion after having this car for 25 years. I see nothing in that kit that would be corner specific

I bet it fits regardless of what corner it goes on. Just an opinion after having this car for 25 years. I see nothing in that kit that would be corner specific
thanks Pishta, this is new territory for me so I wanted to check. I have all the manuals and am watching youtube vids on drum brake and brake system restoration. My car still has all it's stock parts as far as I can tell.

thanks Pishta, this is new territory for me so I wanted to check. I have all the manuals and am watching youtube vids on drum brake and brake system restoration. My car still has all it's stock parts as far as I can tell.

Your ahead of the game if your old brakes are still complete, just match up the replacement parts.

MWG_H7129_P04_TOP__ra_t.jpg

right_arrow_white.png

MWG_H7073_P04_TOP__ra_t.jpg

right_arrow_white.png

CE_11856001_Kit__ra_t.jpg

For some reason, my 1964 Dodge Dart has the 1965 hardware.

The front shoes are wider than rear, so the required "shoe pins" will be different lengths. But, you can probably re-use your old ones. BTW, never throw old parts away until done w/ the job. I had to use my old pins because I used a hardware kit for a ~1972 Dart (all Autozone had). That also gave me the new-style self-adjusters which I think are an improvement.

The front shoes are wider than rear, so the required "shoe pins" will be different lengths. But, you can probably re-use your old ones. BTW, never throw old parts away until done w/ the job. I had to use my old pins because I used a hardware kit for a ~1972 Dart (all Autozone had). That also gave me the new-style self-adjusters which I think are an improvement.
thanks for the input bill!

-
Back