1965 barracuda owner, new member

-

mlmmopar

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mike, and I've got.an addiction. I have had my 65 since I was 14, I am now 38. I love my car its different than all the other mustangs and camaros on the road. I have also owned a 65 Dart GT, it was a 273 4spd, 8 3/4 rear with 3:55's. I owned it three times, huh I wonder if I should have kept it?? Lol My fish has an small bolt 8 3/4 with 3:55's also, a built 904 with full manual valve body. It was fun to drive when it ran. I started doing all the body work on it 10 years ago, then babies happened. Don't get me wrong I love my babies!! I build and restore hot rods, muscle cars for a hobby now, but its time to build mine. I am going to build a 372ci , 4 speed A833 without OD, I have been told I am crazy but I love the old clunky trannies!!

Welcome aboard Mike, Jump on in and enjoy the great tec's and folks we have here.

hi mike

welcome aboard. sounds like you have a good plan for your 65 cuda. the folks here at FABO are very knowledgable, and very helpful. i have been into mopars since getting my first 68 dodge charger at age 15 in 1983. of course loving dukes of hazzard made me fall in love with the lines of that car. since then i owned lots of mopars, a few chevys and fords, but i always went back to the mopars.

after a miserable divorce 6 years ago, i wanted something to do with my time to keep me occupied. 68 to 70 chargers by now are way out of my price range,but i had a few A bodys way back in the day including a 68 fastback barracuda. i bought a 74 V8 4 door granny green dart as a parts car, and said, i guess an A body , dart, duster, demon, ETC is in my future.

i found the roughest saddest looking 67 slant six barracuda coupe i had ever seen about 3 years ago. i just had to take her home and make things right. last time she was registered was 1981. she is still a long way from being happy, but is getting there slowly. the V8 4 speed transformation will be under way soon after i take care of the rust, and damaged structure, along with adding subframe connectors.

i met and married the woman of my dreams last year. finally the right one came along. she came with 3 girls, i had no kids of my own. i love em as if they were my own. god saw fit to bless us with a child of our own her forth, my first. we had a baby boy. so now i have a future car buddy. somebody to share my knowledge with. my wife likes the cuda too. she always thought the 69 camaros were sexy, but really likes the way the cuda ia styled way more than the camaro now LOL shes a mopar convert

if you have time, check out my pix of my cuda project i uploaded. please leave a comment about it. i'd like to know what you think of my progress.

have fun, FABO is a great bunch of folks, post your pix, we would love to see your progress, and dont ever hesitate to ask questions if you need to. im sure somebody here will have an answer for you.

your fellow FABO member
Moparmat2000

Welcome Mike to FABO.
Start a restoration thread when you have some time, I'd love to follow it it, Sounds like you have great build ahead of you.

Welcome to FABO Matt you'll find quit a few knowledgable folks here sound like your infected with the Mopar bug too [your in good company]. Moparmat2000 you are doing a fine job on that Barracuda and congrats upon finding that good gal and your son,nuthin beats spending time with your kids an teaching them lifes lessons [fishin,huntin,cookin and workin on MOPARS].

wish i had bettr pics but i like you choice in cars i do hace some extra parts i hoarded for a few 30 years and still always looking for connections as you know these cars are getting hard to find welcome to our family you'LL LOVE IT HERE
i am also a 64/65 barracuda addict gettn the shakes already have to put away first of nov. but have a ram to take its place for winter while i work on getting a 408 ready for her that 904 can be built hard as alot of these guys will tell you
the only 2 i have running left and a perts car with parts of 5 diff 1 left inside her

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120713_9.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Snapshot_20120830_3.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Snapshot_20120718.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 197
Welcome to FABO! I also have a 372c.i(450hp) in my 73 Dart Sport with a 4 speed.It,s always fun to get out and row the gears.good luck with your build.:burnout:

Welcome Mike.. I can relate to the Baby's first thing I had similar background don't regret it a bit. I have had my pre. 80's for 20 + years and they are still under construction.
BC

Welcome to FABO Matt you'll find quit a few knowledgable folks here sound like your infected with the Mopar bug too [your in good company]. Moparmat2000 you are doing a fine job on that Barracuda and congrats upon finding that good gal and your son,nuthin beats spending time with your kids an teaching them lifes lessons [fishin,huntin,cookin and workin on MOPARS].

hi lou.

thanks for the kudos on the cuda. project is rather slow right now. i will keep postin pix of it when i get farther along with it. right now im removing the old booger **** factory welds and welding up the K member to make it stronger.

i got too many vehicles to date. 8 total 4 mopars, 1 ford, 3 chevys. i love em all i cant help myself LOL they follow me home like lost puppies.

Mat

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy it here. Great people and information.

Enjoy the ride!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Mem12PassRear3qtr.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 182
-
Back