1965 Dart A/C system help!

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to complete the restoration on my 1965 Dart convertible. The car is equipped with A/C and I cannot find any wiring system for it. So I made one from scratch. The question is;

The heater motor does not start! The A/C switch is NOS and working. The cable from the fusebloch has juice!

My guess is the blower motor resistor or the temp unit!

The blower motor switch does not have power!

If anybody has any ideas I can send you a wiring system that is home made. Hopefully it was right as when I got the car.

Any ideas out there in the cyber space!!!!

So the fan doesn't operate with heat either I guess. The 12V power goes straight to the blower motor. The switch supplies the ground.

I'm not sure! If I see the wiring in the car the power cable goes to the A/C switch. The A/C switch supplies the blower motor resistor with power and from there to the blower motor switch and on to the heater motor. I don't get any power at the heater motor or the blower motor switch.

Are the cables right connected? I have a lot of stuff for 1965 Dart but no wiring system on this A/C unit!!!

Factory A/C integrated with heater and defog was introduced on the A-body late in 1965 production; most '65 service manuals don't cover it. The '66 manual does cover it in full detail with wiring and vacuum diagrams, etc. I just moved office and all my manuals are still boxed up and my scanner's not yet hooked back up — see if some kind soul here will scan and post (or email) the relevant pages from Section 24 for you.

Anyone having a service manual for 1966 Dart. I need a copy of the A/C wiring! Thanks in advance.

-
Back