1965 Dart Slant six to V8 throttle swap

-

LeeBoy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the gas pedal assembly from a 1966 B Body will work for my 65 Dart slant six to V8 swap. It is the same roller style but I am not sure about the bracket that mounts to the firewall. I attached a pic of the assembly. If this won't work does anybody know where I can get one? Thanks

03eb_1.jpg

It appears that it looks the same as my 65 dart, I'll try and get another look at it tonight for you.

Look at the undrilled dimples in your firewall. If the studs on that bracket line up, you may be in business. I can take a pic of an OEM 64-66 throttle bracket for comparison if you wish.

That one is not the same as a-body. Look at the pictures I have attached, this is out of a 1966 Barracuda. It acts as a block off plate for the slant 6 linkage as well. You will also need a V8 gas pedal.

166.jpg

167.jpg

That one is not the same as a-body. Look at the pictures I have attached, this is out of a 1966 Barracuda. It acts as a block off plate for the slant 6 linkage as well. You will also need a V8 gas pedal.

Hey thanks for the pictures. I was affraid it wouldn't work. Does anyone have a spare they would like to sell or trade?

I might have a spare. I'll check after work tonight and see what I've got.

-
Back