-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcontender

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, I know this is not the general way for a new guy to start with posting an item for sale. The site has lots of great info, and some real nice folks. I thought I would offer up here before going else where. Just drop me a line and can send you any info you need, even met with you.

Let me start with saying the car is nice for what it is and will need the finishing up. The reason I went for this one as it had lots of the already done items most folks want to do. It has several of the items needing to be done with it.

I just went to Kansas and got the car, and as my luck would turn out not going to be able to keep it and do what needs to be done. No sob stories to go thru, just a mean wife is all. She is 6-1, 185 and bench's 250. Just a plain mean redhead. And no you fellows would not want any pics, it would just keep you up with nightmares.

The info I got with this here on the make up of things. It was painted five years ago (base/clear) teal green metallic, it's a 20/20 paint job, that is at twenty feet or twenty mph it looks good. There are couple of spots where the clear is faded and peeling on the roof and hood. There is a small dent on the drivers rear tail light pocket, the tail light has a small crack, but another good tail light is included.

The front floors were patched with new floor pans from Layson's, was not done quite right and will need to be redone proper. Trunk pan is nice shape, but does have some issues I found out with behind the rear wells, there was some added pieces in the trunk to cover the wheel well area. The quarter panels have some bubbles starting above the rear wheel openings. The rest of the sheet metal seems to be good, but does have a touch of putty in spots. Doors, fenders, hood, trunk lid, roof are all in good condition, rust free they appear.

The underside side of the car is clean, no rot in any of the frame rails that I have seen. All of the chrome trim is present and good useable condition. The front grill trim are both in nice shape, so is the hood trim. The rear trim panel has some small dings along the top edge. The roof trim, drip rail trim, side window trim are all appear to be dent free, but there is some small scratches and some of the pot metal pieces do have small pits showing.

New seat covers were purchased and installed (they are in the 66 Dart pattern). The seat belts are there along with bolts and need finish install. New carpet was also installed, but they didn't get it installed proper, also has a new headliner included. The dash pad is a little faded and has some small cracks starting. The instrument cluster and ash bezels are all in very good shape. The AM radio works, as well as all of the gauges and switches. The door panels are the originals and are very good for their age. It has new kick panel pieces also.

The motor is the original 225 slant six which runs very nice and has a 2 barrel intake and carburetor and the correct two barrel kickdown linkage. It has been converted to electronic ignition, with a new ECU and distributor, and a solid state voltage regulator. The radiator was cleaned and rodded last summer. Transmission shifts great and firm / crisp.

Front disc brakes with the big mopar bolt pattern (5 on 4.5") from 74 Dart were added along with new upper and lower ball joints, lower control arm bushings. It has a big bolt pattern 7 1/4 rear axle from a 74 dart with 2.76 gears in the back.

Car is mechanically sound, drives well but does pull a touch to the left. The left side mirror does not hold its position and would need replacement. The brakes are still a single master cylinder but there is a dual one in the trunk with the other parts. The disc setup works great and does not pull one way or the other. Everything appears to be present to finish it on out.

I can even delivery it with in reason for someone serious about it. Just looking to recoup some money here. The car is located in south MS.

$3500.00

More Pics here, will post more when get them taken

http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu317/gtcontender/Dodge Dart GT 1965/

DSCF1940a.jpg

You know who have one

Hello, I know this is not the general way for a new guy to start with posting an item for sale. The site has lots of great info, and some real nice folks. I thought I would offer up here before going else where. Just drop me a line and can send you any info you need, even met with you.

Let me start with saying the car is nice for what it is and will need the finishing up. The reason I went for this one as it had lots of the already done items most folks want to do. It has several of the items needing to be done with it.

I just went to Kansas and got the car, and as my luck would turn out not going to be able to keep it and do what needs to be done. No sob stories to go thru, just a mean wife is all. She is 6-1, 185 and bench's 250. Just a plain mean redhead. And no you fellows would not want any pics, it would just keep you up with nightmares.

The info I got with this here on the make up of things. It was painted five years ago (base/clear) teal green metallic, it's a 20/20 paint job, that is at twenty feet or twenty mph it looks good. There are couple of spots where the clear is faded and peeling on the roof and hood. There is a small dent on the drivers rear tail light pocket, the tail light has a small crack, but another good tail light is included.

The front floors were patched with new floor pans from Layson's, was not done quite right and will need to be redone proper. Trunk pan is nice shape, but does have some issues I found out with behind the rear wells, there was some added pieces in the trunk to cover the wheel well area. The quarter panels have some bubbles starting above the rear wheel openings. The rest of the sheet metal seems to be good, but does have a touch of putty in spots. Doors, fenders, hood, trunk lid, roof are all in good condition, rust free they appear.

The underside side of the car is clean, no rot in any of the frame rails that I have seen. All of the chrome trim is present and good useable condition. The front grill trim are both in nice shape, so is the hood trim. The rear trim panel has some small dings along the top edge. The roof trim, drip rail trim, side window trim are all appear to be dent free, but there is some small scratches and some of the pot metal pieces do have small pits showing.

New seat covers were purchased and installed (they are in the 66 Dart pattern). The seat belts are there along with bolts and need finish install. New carpet was also installed, but they didn't get it installed proper, also has a new headliner included. The dash pad is a little faded and has some small cracks starting. The instrument cluster and ash bezels are all in very good shape. The AM radio works, as well as all of the gauges and switches. The door panels are the originals and are very good for their age. It has new kick panel pieces also.

The motor is the original 225 slant six which runs very nice and has a 2 barrel intake and carburetor and the correct two barrel kickdown linkage. It has been converted to electronic ignition, with a new ECU and distributor, and a solid state voltage regulator. The radiator was cleaned and rodded last summer. Transmission shifts great and firm / crisp.

Front disc brakes with the big mopar bolt pattern (5 on 4.5") from 74 Dart were added along with new upper and lower ball joints, lower control arm bushings. It has a big bolt pattern 7 1/4 rear axle from a 74 dart with 2.76 gears in the back.

Car is mechanically sound, drives well but does pull a touch to the left. The left side mirror does not hold its position and would need replacement. The brakes are still a single master cylinder but there is a dual one in the trunk with the other parts. The disc setup works great and does not pull one way or the other. Everything appears to be present to finish it on out.

I can even delivery it with in reason for someone serious about it. Just looking to recoup some money here. The car is located in south MS.

$3500.00

More Pics here, will post more when get them taken

http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu317/gtcontender/Dodge Dart GT 1965/

DSCF1940a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back