1965 Dodge Dart

-

prrc

Reaction score
After mocking up my radiator over the weekend I'm looking at it this morning and thinking it. It seems the top tank is setting above the core support. I dont have the hood on right now So I was wondering if someone could tell me the distance from the cap to the core support. Thanks Tim

Attachments

• 20151102_095750_resized.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 145
I don't have that info as the hood is off my wagon but just looking at the pic, it appears the radiator is taller than the the front hood bumpers. If so, it'll never fit since the underside of the hood sits really close to those bumpers.

My old pictures of the original radiator shows the tank above the core support. Just not sure how much.

Just measured and on my 66 dart, with correct OE Rad., 1.5 inches. But it looks like there is about .75 inches till it hits.

I checked out my 65 Dart 270 wagon. 273, aut, a/c. Not sire if there is different heights between different radiators.

Anyway with factory radiator cap the height is 1,5 inches. Hope this will help you.

Attachments

• DSC_0555.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 128
Just measured and on my 66 dart, with correct OE Rad., 1.5 inches. But it looks like there is about .75 inches till it hits.

Thanks. Mine is sitting at 2 1/4 I might be in trouble.

Might be^^^^^ You could modify the bottom to get it lower. But I would get a different Rad. Is it sitting as far down as it can?

Thanks guys looks like 1.5 is where it should be. Might be able to get it down a little. The hood does clear but not by much. Way to close for me.

-
Back