1965 Formula S - sad

-

Commando66

She's a beaut Clark!
Reaction score
When I'm working out of town, I always check craigslist to kill time and see if there are some bargains to be had. I found a 65 Barracuda with a terrible description and even worse pictures. In one of the pictures though I could see it had Formula S emblems. The ad was 5 days old so I didn't think that I had much of a chance. I called on it and had to leave a message. Got a call back confirming that they still had the car and I could come check it out. When I met the guy to see the car, he warned me that it had been sitting "a while" with no windows or trunk lid. Wow, this thing was sunk into the ground, sitting on the rockers, gas tank and k-member. It had to have been a beautiful car when new, red with red interior, Formula S, auto on the floor. Not many options except the S package. They were asking $1000 in the ad, but after looking it over I told him it was too far gone. I asked if I could buy some parts and he agreed. I bought all the Commando accessories, gas pedal, S emblems, radiator, etc. I couldn't get under the car to get any suspension or exhaust manifolds. All the body parts were bad. Sorry to see the car in this condition but maybe some of the parts will help other cars live.

No pics, I was too busy unbolting parts before it got dark. I knew I should have taken some. Here are a couple from CL ad.

Attachments

• 00V0V_aFdjBpaHW8_600x450.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 00606_kj0b5OnlcM5_600x450.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 00707_fMLC7BtC08A_600x450.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 163
-
Back