1965 Plymouth Valiant Signet Complete Replacement Floor Pan

• Thread starter Deleted member 38666
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 38666

I just bought a 65 Plymouth Valiant Convertible, initially, as a parts car. The more I think of it, the car may be a candidate for restoration. Most of the floor Is gone, along with the rear quarters need replacement along with the wheel arches. Does anyone make a complete floor pan replacement for this car? I've looked, but all I see are the individual patches front and rear LH and RH. I do see that certain companies sell rear quarter and wheel arch patches, so I'd be half way there. Thanks for any leads. Old Dart 66

Nope unless you are buying a used floor from someone.
Hey Chrysler, I was afraid of that. I do have a transmission/drive shaft hump out of a 66 Dart (Valiants are a bit shorter), and I see that they sell the 1/4 floor patches. An entire floor would be sweet being it is a convertible, and finding an entire used floor would be a tall order....I'm sure. Thanks. Old Dart 66

Nope unless you are buying a used floor from someone.
A friend and myself built a 65 Barracuda back in the late 90's and we ended up taking the floor from a valiant out in one piece cutting all the spot welds out.Damn ,there must have been a hundred of them .That was the only way we could do it and I think you are in the same boat today.No one makes stuff for these cars really other than these over priced patch panels for quarter panel replacement and these little floor pan sections .But if you and I had 67 and up it's all out there.

A friend and myself built a 65 Barracuda back in the late 90's and we ended up taking the floor from a valiant out in one piece cutting all the spot welds out.Damn ,there must have been a hundred of them .That was the only way we could do it and I think you are in the same boat today.No one makes stuff for these cars really other than these over priced patch panels for quarter panel replacement and these little floor pan sections .But if you and I had 67 and up it's all out there.

I hear you. For my 66 Dart it was was impossible to find trunk drop off extensions. They don't make them. I had to find used, and they needed to be repaired. Yeah, these early a cars need to be saved, but we need some help....a little bit, anyway. Thanks. Old Dart 66

I hear you. For my 66 Dart it was was impossible to find trunk drop off extensions. They don't make them. I had to find used, and they needed to be repaired. Yeah, these early a cars need to be saved, but we need some help....a little bit, anyway. Thanks. Old Dart 66
I have a complete floor from a 65 Valiant wagon, but it would cost a fortune to ship. Bear in mind the rear
portion of a Dart and Valiant floor are different due to the Dart using the foot wells and the longer wheel base for the Dart. So you would need a Valiant specific or a wagon floor as the wagons are based on a Valiant.

Lee Robinson : Do you have any 65 valiant 4 door quarters or station wagon quarters ? I need a set for my 65 wagon.

It would have to be from a vert in order to get it out..as one piece?

It would have to be from a vert in order to get it out..as one piece?
Hey Pishta, Yes, Lee has one for me, but he is in Ca. and I am in Iowa. I think it came from a wagon. Maybe he cut the top off? The logistics, for me to get it to Iowa is the question/problem. A trucker friend of mine gets out Lee's way on occasion, but maybe a member will be traveling this way with some room. Old Dart 66

-
Back