1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Long story. Blueprint was giving a good deal at Barrett Jackson so I ordered a 408. I have another Home for the hot rotted slant with the six pack of Webers.
408 in A100 with that drop dead beautiful body work paint? Wow!! Truck will be awesome beyond awesome, wow!!

frame connectors so you don't crack paint/wrinkle sheet metal with all the torque?
looked in the FSM and one drawing in lubrication makes it look like it's a "full unibody" frame. Is that so?

frame connectors so you don't crack paint/wrinkle sheet metal with all the torque?
looked in the FSM and one drawing in lubrication makes it look like it's a "full unibody" frame. Is that so?

Yes unibody. Still has the stock 3.91 one legger. It won’t be able to twist the body as it will just spin. I’ll let the next owner care about all that.

If it were going to be mine it would have the slant. I want to sell it and it will bring way more to a larger audience with the 408.

Post #502 shows frame rails run front to back. So while unibody its like factory frame connectors.

If it were going to be mine it would have the slant. I want to sell it and it will bring way more to a larger audience with the 408.
With a 408 it will appeal to a far broader number of buyers and value should be quite a bit higher then /6. Next buyer be like needs a sure grip who cares I want that truck....

With a 408 it will appeal to a far broader number of buyers and value should be quite a bit higher then /6. Next buyer be like needs a sure grip who cares I want that truck....

That is an easy change that anyone can do or get done.

also this one here in 482...

1709341264160.png

I doubt a 408 will hurt it. Might undercoat the rear bed bottoms with burnt rubber is all....lol. My buddy built a black A100 pickup with a 470 low deck stroker that was moved back 8 inches. Yeah, he extended the doghouse into the bed a little! Had a regular 727 in it, and the driveshaft was not much longer than a spray bomb can! It had a 3.91 SG and would pull the front wheels and carry them 15 or 20 feet. Not a wrinkle in the body or paint anywhere.

:thumbsup:

I doubt a 408 will hurt it. Might undercoat the rear bed bottoms with burnt rubber is all....lol. My buddy built a black A100 pickup with a 470 low deck stroker that was moved back 8 inches. Yeah, he extended the doghouse into the bed a little! Had a regular 727 in it, and the driveshaft was not much longer than a spray bomb can! It had a 3.91 SG and would pull the front wheels and carry them 15 or 20 feet. Not a wrinkle in the body or paint anywhere.

:thumbsup:
I'd like to go for a ride in that!!!!

Sorry I still don’t like doing this stuff but the donut dolly made it a bit easier. Sixteen gauge is a handfull. Hinge braces reinforced and welded stiff. I should have shot epoxy so I could weld it up and roll the lip tomorrow but it’s windy and I’m spent.

IMG_6703.jpeg

IMG_6704.jpeg

IMG_6705.jpeg

IMG_6706.jpeg

IMG_6707.jpeg

IMG_6708.jpeg

IMG_6709.jpeg

Last edited:
My headlight adjusters came in from Shapeways. Yep they are the same as a 1966 A-Body and fit perfectly. Make sure you run the tap in and out a dozen times and the screw in and out a dozen times to make sure the plastic is fully cut and the screws won’t bind but other than that took longer to pick up the tools and do the job. You can get these on my ShapeWay store. I don’t mark them up at all. The cost is what the unit cost is.

Mustangpeak Designs by fbfdc26 - Shapeways Shops

IMG_6734.jpeg

IMG_6735.jpeg

IMG_6736.jpeg

IMG_6737.jpeg

IMG_6740.jpeg

IMG_6739.jpeg

IMG_6738.jpeg

IMG_6743.jpeg

IMG_6742.jpeg

IMG_6741.jpeg

Nice! you have a workbench to work on...mine are filled with stuff. I have found tailgates are pretty handy, when the weather is nice.

Since I can’t actually make any progress on anything else, and I have parts strung all over the place, waiting for a multitude of things to put them back together why not take something else apart! And of course it’s a search to find parts for these too. Called the@ normal Mopar steering gear places and nobody deals with truck boxes. I looked up part numbers for seals and I can’t find any new old stock so I have some from Grainger coming that are based on measurements. Fingers crossed. Everything else is cleaned up painted and restored. Just need the seals. Also need to either get a U-bolt clamp for an automatic or cut, the one off that has the three speed bracket. Anybody have the correct U-bolt clamp they part with? Interesting these boxes appear to be painted oxide red from the factory.

IMG_6754.jpeg

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

For the steering box, the Jeep Cherokee version has successfully been adapted to older A/B Body applications. If you're not a stickler for originality, maybe look there.

-
Back