1966 Formula S barracuda

-
Really now. Whoever installed it, and whenever it was done, that A/C setup did not come from any Chrysler channels. The Chrysler "knee knocker" doesn't look anything like that, doesn't have ducts at the left and right corners of the dashboard, doesn't have round knobs. An underhood pic showing the compressor and lines might give some more clues to when it was installed, but this looks much more like a '90s or later setup than a '60s setup.
My 70 Swinger has Chrysler Airtemp dealer installed ac. Under the hood it looks pretty factory. Under the dash is the Airtemp unit. I believe there were 3 different under dash units. Mine was the cheapest. It still runs on R12 and still works well. No one reproduces the stickers that I have found. Read closely.
008 (4).jpg
021 (3).jpg
074 (2).jpg
011 (3).jpg

My 70 Swinger has Chrysler Airtemp dealer installed ac. Under the hood it looks pretty factory. Under the dash is the Airtemp unit. I believe there were 3 different under dash units. Mine was the cheapest. It still runs on R12 and still works well. No one reproduces the stickers that I have found. Read closely.View attachment 1715014852 View attachment 1715014853 View attachment 1715014854 View attachment 1715014855
That is just one beautiful piece you got there. And im talking about the car...

Yep, that's one of the early-'70s Mopar units—not the cheapest/most basic, it's one of the more deluxe units. Decals, can't say I've seen that particular one, but there are a couple other styles available as reproductions (see here.

Yep, that's one of the early-'70s Mopar units—not the cheapest/most basic, it's one of the more deluxe units. Decals, can't say I've seen that particular one, but there are a couple other styles available as reproductions (see here.
Look closely Dan. Air conditioned by Parts Division. I've got all the decal guys stumped.

Back to the OP's Barracuda, Montgomery Ward, and Sears Auto Centers installed many aftermarket ac systems back in the 60's and 70's.

Back to the OP's Barracuda, Montgomery Ward, and Sears Auto Centers installed many aftermarket ac systems back in the 60's and 70's.
Not to mention all the retrofit cruise controls w/a magnet clamped to the driveshaft!

-
Back