1967 barracuda fastback carpet kit with console

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Helloooooooo FABO!
Im getting to the time where Ill be putting in carpet. Black 67 FB with Black seats (AC car). Im thinking a gold carpet kit or puke green or something. Not a numbers car, so whats the deal with the 'Essex'? more dense cut pile? I have the stick um sound deadener everywhere and the car is louder than a hungry baby in church so WWFD? The black carpet shows dirt more so Im angling to a different color. AND for the 1 million dollar question.........where does FABO go to get a full fastback kit (console car). I really think the gold will look good. If you think stay black for sure weigh in with that.

Thanks in advance!!

20221026_155219.jpg

20221015_181023.jpg

I think all the auto carpet is made by the same outfit, I forget the name just now, maybe ACC. I just shop for the lowest price including shipping. I have bought from Stock interiors and Rock Auto.
They offer different grades, I have only bought the cheaper original style that came originally with the car. I paid extra for the mass backing last time and I thought it was worth the extra money, having done both. The carpet holds its shape a lot better with the mass backing.

Just installed a complete black carpet kit from Stock Interiors on a 1967 Barracuda two weeks ago. The complete kit fit nice.
I used Lizard skin on the floorboards instead of the sticky sound deadener. We used the standard backing with the carpet kit.

-
Back