1967 Barracuda Questions

-

ricker4444

Some Day
Reaction score
Guys, I am in the beginning stages of restoring my 67 Formula S Barracuda. I am not a guru at this stuff. Fortunately I have someone who is helping me. I have a lot of questions about correct parts and pcs etc. Where is the best place to post or are there specific members with the expertise that I could try to reach out to?

Pretty much do a search in FABO and you will find most anything you need. If not post up a question

I am getting ready to purchase a bunch of emblems so that we can put the proper holes in place and weld up ones that are not correct. First question is regarding quality of products. The most common places I have found are Year One, Layson's, Classic Industries. Is there a quality difference when purchasing aftermarket parts. There seems to be different prices for the same thing.

With Year One you best wait for one of their sales. Their stuff is 20-30% too high so when they knock off 20% it just makes the price right.

What do you have, 68 or 69 fenders?

I am pretty sure they are 67's. The other question is whether or not there is besides the word Barracuda and the Fish on the fender is there supposed to be a 383 emblem and a Formula S emblem underneath on the other side of the wheel well toward the door?

If it is a formula-s (F-7 on fender tag, or code 367 on broadcast sheet) then yes on the formula-s emblem. If it is an H-code 383 car then yes on both.

Attachments

• IMG_1756 (800x533).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 175
BH29(H) the H is a 383. What are the first 7 digits of the vin? the last 6 are a sequence number.

Fender tag is a metal stamped plate about 2 x 4 inches attached to the left inner fenderwell. It has the cars main options on it.

The broadcast sheet is basically trash that was left behind from the build of the car, a road map to it's options. Most were tucked under the rear seat bottom and are very fragile thin old paper is you find it be careful. But can also be found (or more found) behind front seat backs, behind glove box, under carpet etc..

If you have neither you can order the build card from Chrysler Historical.
here: http://wpchryslermuseum.org/page.aspx?pid=501.

Welcome aboard! Would love to see pics. If you do have the fender tag, post a pic of it and we can decode it here for you. Rock_js has a stable of 67's and some "S" cars.
I have a 69 "S" and dad has a 67 "S"...sooooo needless to say, we would love to see pics!

Welcome. I have a 1967 formula s 383-4 speed as well. I joined this site and I live in Australia. These are a great bunch of guys with excellent knowledge and advise which has made my build a lot easier.
Ask lots of questions, but also use the search button at the top to go through all the older threads. There is always something new to learn.

:burnout:

Emblem Locations for the 383 'Formula S'

plymouth_barracuda_formula_s_383_convertible_1.jpg

sure looks very 67 to me down to the missing windshield corner trim pieces! Steering column looks E-body though.

Unlike a drug habit you don't wake with a headache and have something tomorrow to remember it by!

-
Back