1967 Barracuda Timing

-

425jesse

Reaction score
I have a 67 cuda fastback with a 273 v8. has run well since ive had it. I started it up a few days ago, and before the engine was warm i went to leave the driveway. The car died and since has not been willing to start. I get spark and fuel, so Im wondering about timing. Anyone know the correct timing adjustment for this car?

Thanks in advance!

JB

I dont think spark timing is the problem. That isn't something that would suddenly change. Crank/cam timing cam change suddenly. Most of the time that happens when the engine is turned off but it can happen any time. Then the ballast resistor can fail at any moment too. I would put a temporary jumper across the ballast resistor and confirm spark and fuel are present. If it wont start , borrow a compression tester. Good luck

I agree with Red. Timing just don't change like that, unless the timing chain jumps a cog. Another possibility is if the float stuck on the carb and flooded the engine. Pull a couple plugs and see if their drenched with gas. If their not check the compression. If the timing chain jumped the compression will be way down or non existent.

-
Back