1967 Dart Convertible Door

-

knahavasu

Reaction score
help

I am in need of a door skin for my 67. Are a 67 and 68 the same door skin ? Differences ?

AMD sells a door skin for 68 to 72..... is it the same or different from a 67 ??

Thanks

67-72 outer door skin is the same. Only differences are where the lock positions on the upper door frame. All 67-72 2-door hardtop and convertible doors will physically bolt on, but the convertible door glass is different. There are also slight differences in the 67 wing window frames.

HemiSSDart.....Just to be sure... 1968-1972 2 door hard top door will interchange with 1967 Convertible as long as you swap out internal parts (glass etc) I assume the same holds true for a 67 2 door HT to 67 Convertible? Main difference is that the door lock button on 68 and up will be moved forward on the door.

67 and 68 have the lock position in the same place, 69-72 it moved forward. The internal mechanism will be affected by the lock button move. Also, there is a secondary plastic "latch" on the convertible doors screwed into the door above the catch.

67 and 68 have the lock position in the same place, 69-72 it moved forward. The internal mechanism will be affected by the lock button move. Also, there is a secondary plastic "latch" on the convertible doors screwed into the door above the catch.

"Also, there is a secondary plastic "latch" on the convertible doors screwed into the door above the catch."

Learn something new every day!

Other that the plastic "Latch" and the 69 - 72 door lock button location they are swapable correct?

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I saw a good door in a wrecking yard from a 2dr HT and did not want to buy without knowing it would fit. Thanks for all the info.

knahavasu... I did not mean to take over your thread ;^)

67-72 outer door skin is the same. Only differences are where the lock positions on the upper door frame. All 67-72 2-door hardtop and convertible doors will physically bolt on, but the convertible door glass is different. There are also slight differences in the 67 wing window frames.

Great..thank you for setting me stright. If I have to I'll buy the skin and change it.

Thank you

How the vent window assembly fastens into the door is different on a 67 door compared to 68 and up. I found this out when trying to put a 68 door on my 67 Cuda. I ended up cutting off the top inner part of the 67 door and putting it on the 68 door, everything else was fine, no problems.

Convertible doors don't really have a second latch, what they do have is a contact block on the end of the door that buts up to a piece in the doorjamb that is supposed to help control body flex, I have seen this on lots of different models and brands of cars.

How the vent window assembly fastens into the door is different on a 67 door compared to 68 and up. I found this out when trying to put a 68 door on my 67 Cuda. I ended up cutting off the top inner part of the 67 door and putting it on the 68 door, everything else was fine, no problems.

Convertible doors don't really have a second latch, what they do have is a contact block on the end of the door that buts up to a piece in the doorjamb that is supposed to help control body flex, I have seen this on lots of different models and brands of cars.
Thanks, i just need to reskin the 67 door i have and it sounds like The skin is the same. Thank you

-
Back