-
Status
Not open for further replies.

danbettis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
One of 229 4 speeds in 1967. I was not planning to do this, but hopefully someone would like a great project. This is #528 in the GTS registry. It is not correct when it says I have owned it since 1993. I bought it from a gentleman who had owned it since 1980, and drove it until about 1993. He parked it, and it never moved until I bought it. The motor seems to run well. I put a master cylinder on it, and rear brake cylinders so that it has brakes. It needs a complete restoration, but is solid, and has all original paint. The front seats are incorrect. The engine is not the matching numbers, it is a 69 383. I have a nice windshield for it. It is missing the rocker trim. It had a black vinyl top when it was new. I have the fender tag, VIN, Certicard, and title. I do not have the build sheet. Contact me for more info. I am in the Phoenix area. $7000 OBO

Attachments

• DSC04931.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3,951
  • DSC04933.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 5,358
  • DSC04927.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 3,225
  • DSC04928.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 3,119
  • DSC04935.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 3,062
  • DSC04941.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,001
That seems to be a super solid car to start a restoration on. Also a 4 speed to boot. Some one needs to buy this quick! It also looks like it has the original manifolds with it. I wonder about the radiator and oil pan?

Thats beautiful. If I had some cash to throw up with a trade for my Wagon I would be very interested.. Bump to ya!

Hope you kept the original master cylinder, VERY hard to find and they can be rebuilt. The one you have on it now is for drum brakes and will not work correctly. I have owned 4 of these cars and know them well. Great car at a good price, good luck!

For now at least this is no longer for sale. I have had a lot of comments, but nobody with any money, or ready to commit. My plan now is the fix the interior, now that I have the complete correct interior for it. I will plan to put in my good windshield, and have a new vinyl top put on it, etc. Of course that will make the price go up, but maybe once it looks better and can be driven it will sell.

For now at least this is no longer for sale. I have had a lot of comments, but nobody with any money, or ready to commit. My plan now is the fix the interior, now that I have the complete correct interior for it. I will plan to put in my good windshield, and have a new vinyl top put on it, etc. Of course that will make the price go up, but maybe once it looks better and can be driven it will sell.

The reason it didn't sell was the price. I bet people thought it was a scam.

Put it on ebay with a $17,000 reserve and see what happens.

Looks like a cool car. You start doing interior and top without really detailed pictures of the process and it may be harder to sell. Potential buyers may think your covering up problem areas and be scared off by that.

I like it just like you have it pretty much untouched. Of course I have no money and to many projects like most of us here. Ebay as was mentioned, might be a good fit for selling that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back